Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+11
hxc
Pinthin
5280ft
Tri Babe 518
ButterySmoothStride
AudienceOfOne
T B K
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
futureNIKErunner
ILOVEBRIE101
15 posters

DEAN KARNAZES...

ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 139
    Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

DEAN KARNAZES... Empty DEAN KARNAZES...

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:12 pm

SORRY DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS.. DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THIS IN PROFESSIONAL RUNNING BECAUSE HE SURE AS HELL ISN'T A PROFESSIONAL RUNNER.

WHAT A LOSER. MAN, IT SUCKS THAT PEOPLE LIKE HIM GET MORE "ATTENTION" FROM THE AVERAGE JOGGER THAN GUYS LIKE RYAN HALL WHO ACTUALLY DESERVE ATTENTION. I'LL GIVE HIM THE FACT THAT HE KNOWS HOW TO MARKET HIMSELF WELL..

TOTAL BS THOUGH. I BELIEVE HE SAID HE'S PROBABLY RUN MORE MILES THAN ANY MAN ON EARTH. YEA, I DOUBT THAT CONSIDERING HE TOOK LIKE A 10 YEAR BREAK. THERE ARE MARATHONERS WHO I'M SURE HAVE DONE WAY MORE. WHAT AN ARROGANT JERK. HE THINKS HE'S ALL GOOD FOR BEING ABLE TO "RUN" 300 MILES.. MORE LIKE 300 MILES AT 15 MIN/MILE WITH WATER BREAKS/REST BREAKS IN BETWEEN. BUT HEY, HE FINISHED IT RIGHT?!? THAT MAKES HIM SOOOO MUCH MORE TOUGH THAN GEB/HALL/WANJIRU ETC DOESNT IT?? I MEAN, THEY'RE ONLY RUNNING 26.2, LOOK AT HIM, HE'S RUNNING SO MUCH MORE!

AND THAT 50/50 THING WAS ALSO STUPID. JUST A WAY TO PROMOTE HIMSELF ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HOW SLOW HIS TIME WAS. PERSONALLY, I RESPECT GUYS WHO CAN RUN SUB 2:08 MARATHONS MORE THAN A TOOL WHO TRIES TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK "TOUGHER" FOR RUNNING "SO MANY MILES" AT A MEDIOCRE PACE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUCH BETTER ULTRA MARATHONERS (HECK, THERE ARE PROBABLY BETTER FEMALE ONES TOO) THAT I AM PERFECTLY FINE WITH, JUST ARROGANT JERKS LIKE THIS GUY ANNOY ME... ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IN A REAL MARATHON RACE ALL THE TOP GUYS WOULD BE DONE SHOWERING/EATING ETC EVEN BEFORE HE CROSSED THE LINE.

YES.. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MR. KARNAZES..
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

DEAN KARNAZES... Empty Re: DEAN KARNAZES...

Post by futureNIKErunner Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:17 pm

i think the stuff he has does is amazing. but no way do i put him higher than ryan hall, or paula radcliffe, or any of them. because wat they do is hard day after day. and they work a lot more than he does. yes 30 miles every morning is a long way but its easy to him so hes not exactly pushing himself a lot. now badwater and the western states 100, those how got to be mind-blowing, but so is a sub 2:10 marathon.
    so i respect him and his accomplishments, but i look up to the other runners a lot more.
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:20 pm

IT IS NOT REALLY HARD TO RUN A 100 MILES AT THE PACE THAT HE GOES AT. IT'S NOT HARD TO RUN A MARATHON, IT'S HARD TO RACE ONE.

HE IS TOTALLY OVER HYPED..
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:24 pm

ITT: Shit we already know.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore

Post by futureNIKErunner Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:25 pm

ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:IT IS NOT REALLY HARD TO RUN A 100 MILES AT THE PACE THAT HE GOES AT. IT'S NOT HARD TO RUN A MARATHON, IT'S HARD TO RACE ONE.

HE IS TOTALLY OVER HYPED..

yeah i can walk 15min pace. lol Rolling Eyes
    and yeah any decent runner can go run 26.2 miles, but can they hold a pace(hard to them) and push themselves that fast for that long?
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 pm

My uncle did the western states 100. Sorry, off topic Razz. But while I think it would take a lot of work to do those kinds of miles, I have more respect for people like gerry lindgren who ran 350 mile weeks all the time, with 60 mile long runs, AND he was a hella runner (26:11 6 mile PR).
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:29 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:My uncle did the western states 100. Sorry, off topic Razz. But while I think it would take a lot of work to do those kinds of miles, I have more respect for people like gerry lindgren who ran 350 mile weeks all the time, with 60 mile long runs, AND he was a hella runner (26:11 6 mile PR).
    Lindgren's miles are exaggerated. He still ran ridiculous mileage, but he never got close to 300.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 pm

ILOVEBRIE, go run 50 marathons in 50 days with your last one being a 3:00 and once you're done come to me and complain about Karnazes.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 pm

T B K wrote:ILOVEBRIE, go run 50 marathons in 50 days with your last one being a 3:00 and once you're done come to me and complain about Karnazes.
    I like how Joe Everyman did the exact same thing as Dean, but like, two months before he did, and did them all faster, but go no coverage.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:51 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    T B K wrote:ILOVEBRIE, go run 50 marathons in 50 days with your last one being a 3:00 and once you're done come to me and complain about Karnazes.
    I like how Joe Everyman did the exact same thing as Dean, but like, two months before he did, and did them all faster, but go no coverage.

That is great, but I'm talking to ILOVEBRIE and it's like the PR rule. If ILOVEBRIE can do 300 miles and do the 50/50 then good for him and he can critize Karnazes but until then he should shut up. Also the reason Karnazes gets so much coverage is because he is officiated with Runner's World.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 pm

T B K wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

That is great, but I'm talking to ILOVEBRIE and it's like the PR rule. If ILOVEBRIE can do 300 miles and do the 50/50 then good for him and he can critize Karnazes but until then he should shut up. Also the reason Karnazes gets so much coverage is because he is officiated with Runner's World.
    *FACEDESK*
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:48 pm

that's like the equivelent of doing a 400 workout, not trying for all the ones except the last, and blowing everybody away by 10 seconds on the last one and giving you all the praise. karnazes is a joke.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm

T B K wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

another magazine that is centered toward 4:30 marathon runners. we can critisize him all we want. you know why? he gets paid for running. once you go pro in anything you automatically become a target for critisism. he gets paid for 15 min miles. we critisize, and we have every right to.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:00 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    T B K wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

another magazine that is centered toward 4:30 marathon runners. we can critisize him all we want. you know why? he gets paid for running. once you go pro in anything you automatically become a target for critisism. he gets paid for 15 min miles. we critisize, and we have every right to.

How do you know that he runs that slow for 300 miles or in badwater? Go do one of the other and tell me if you would like to be critisized.
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 pm

HAHA I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH AUDIENCEOFONE

I BELIEVE HE AVERAGED MORE LIKE 4 HOURS FOR THAT 50/50 THING. THAT IS NOT HARD AT ALL. YOU DO REALIZE A 3 HOUR MARATHON IS ALSO NOTHING? THE TOP MARATHONERS COULD DO WHAT HE DID AND A LOT FASTER TOO. I'VE NEVER DONE A MARATHON BUT I DID 20 MILES AT A LITTLE UNDER 6 MIN PACE YESTERDAY (I'M IN THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW THOUGH) SO YEA, 3 HOUR MARATHON IS NOT VERY FAST AT ALL.. IT'S FAIRLY GOOD FOR A WOMEN BUT VERY SLOW FOR A GUY (DON'T WORRY, YOU MIGHT NOT REALIZE IT NOW SINCE 3:00 FOR A MARATHON MIGHT BE QUITE FAST FOR YOU RIGHT NOW.. BUT MAYBE ONE DAY YOU'LL REALIZE IT'S NOTHING BIG AT ALL).

OF COURSE HE RUNS SLOW FOR THAT. I FORGET HIS EXACT TIME BUT IT CAME OUT TO LIKE AROUND 15 MIN/MILE? OR SOMETHING EXTREMELY SLOW LIKE THAT. I DONT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST MOST ULTRAMARATHONERS BUT IT'S PATHETIC BECAUSE GUYS LIKE JUREK (SP?) COULD DO THIS WAY, WAY, WAY FASTER THAN DK YET DK ACTS LIKE AN ARROGANT JERK AND THAT "HE'S THE BEST" AT IT.

AND FOR THE RECORD, IT'S SPELLED "CRITICIZE."
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:38 pm

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-362--10052-2-1X2X3-4,00.html

On that page the first question. It says he ran 65 miles to the start of that marathon and then did a 3:16:45 in the marathon itself, which is about a 7:30 pace. I don't see any of you guys running marathons that fast, let alone doing 65 miles directly before one and doing a good time. So there you go, shut up.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:38 pm

DID YOU KNOW I LIKE TALKING IN CAPS TOO?
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:45 pm

T B K wrote:http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-362--10052-2-1X2X3-4,00.html

On that page the first question. It says he ran 65 miles to the start of that marathon and then did a 3:16:45 in the marathon itself, which is about a 7:30 pace. I don't see any of you guys running marathons that fast, let alone doing 65 miles directly before one and doing a good time. So there you go, shut up.

DID YOU READ MY POST ABOVE? I'M SORRY BUT 7:30 PACE IS NOT REALLY FAST AT ALL FOR A MARATHON.. ESPECIALLY FOR A GUY WHO GETS SO MUCH "HYPE." JUREK AND OTHERS (INCLUDING SOME WOMEN) COULD HAVE DONE/HAVE DONE EVERYTHING HE DID WAY, WAY FASTER.

SECOND OF ALL, UMM DK IS NOTORIOUS FOR LYING ABOUT SOME OF THE STUFF HE'S DONE JUST TO GET MORE "ATTENTION." HE HAS BEEN CALLED OUT MANY, MANY TIMES.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:48 pm

OK MISTER. IF YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD RUNNER THEN GO RUN A 3:16 MARATHON SINCE YOU CLAIM IT IS INCREDIBLY EASY AND COME BACK HERE. THAT'S WHEN I WILL BOW DOWN TO YOU.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 pm

T B K wrote:http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-362--10052-2-1X2X3-4,00.html

I also can't throw a ball as far as Alex Smith, I still know he is a shitty quarterback.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:19 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:

I also can't throw a ball as far as Alex Smith, I still know he is a shitty quarterback.
    +1
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:26 pm

ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:21 pm

DEAN KARNAZES... 51S7nHH8pTL._SL160_AA115_

50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days -- and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance!

rofly, this is his new book. it teaches you to achieve Super Endurance just like Dean. wtf is super endurance? so when Geb runs a marathon in 2:04 that's endurance, but when Dean jogs around like a retard all day that's super endurance? give me a break.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:55 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    DEAN KARNAZES... 51S7nHH8pTL._SL160_AA115_

50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days -- and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance!

rofly, this is his new book. it teaches you to achieve Super Endurance just like Dean. wtf is super endurance? so when Geb runs a marathon in 2:04 that's endurance, but when Dean jogs around like a retard all day that's super endurance? give me a break.
    lol +1
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm

I respect Dean Karnazes for what he does (running a lot of miles and only sleeping for like 4 hours a day), but some other ultra runners and marathoners should be getting the same kind of attention. The only reason he gets a lot of attention is because of his publicist and his book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 am