Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
Push Towards State
alex-likes-running
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
funrunner
P2
eternally_running
baby got track
Pinthin
Running With Scissors
hxc
amherst_xc
Through_the_Pain
17 posters

Shoe Warning

hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Shoe Warning - Page 2 Empty Re: Shoe Warning

Post by hxc Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:04 pm

funrunner wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    funrunner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:Obviously it will get you injured, it's one of the most padded shoes you can buy.

Where exactly did you get injured?

You're a fucking idiot.
    last time i checked you're injured and hxc isnt.

Just you wait. If HXC keeps believing everything he reads on the internet and runs barefoot (a practice witch has its merits, but I highly doubt HXC will build up to it slowly enough to not get injured), runs 100+ mpw in singles, and keeps piling on the mileage with the 10% rule ad infinitum (as he has already advised you to do in another thread), he will end up way more fucked than me.

The point of my post was that you can't just look at a running shoe and say "Obviously it will get you injured! It isn't a racing flat!" HXC is a minimalist. I respect the ideas of minimalists because they make sense, but I am not a minimalist. HXC should respect the ideas of non-minimalists because they make since. But he doesn't, and he throws out a little internet condescension to prove it. Maybe I shouldn't have called him a fucking idiot. Maybe I should have called him a fucking prick, but I do believe fucking idiot covers both bases quite well.

Ok.

First off, you assumed that I won't build up to running barefoot gradually enough. I started out this summer doing a 5-10 minute barefoot jog twice a week after my run. After four weeks I went up to three days a week. Then I began adding time by 1-2 minutes every other run. Is this slow enough for you?

Secondly, I never suggested using the 10% rule to infinity. Your mileage would get out of hand pretty soon if you did that. I was using those number as an example of what he could do, using the 10% rule and taking a down week every four weeks. I offering advice not on how much mileage to do, but rather how to do the mileage.

Thirdly, I never said I was going to do 100 MPW in singles. I just reminded you that plenty of people have done it, and it shouldn't be regarded as an impossible feat that will completely destroy your body as soon as you accomplish it. I'm smart enough to know that I can't handle that kind of mileage right now, but it's certainly not impossible in the future.

You also said that the point of your post is to correct my first post in the thread, even though I've already corrected it.

The rest of your post was pretty much just FUCK YOU, so I won't respond to that.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:I just bought really padded shoes a few days ago because I thought they would help with my rolled ankle and you guys are saying thats a bad thing?

It would probably help the ankle heal faster, because they absorb more shock and let your ankles do less while you're running, but continuous use of them would result in weaker ankles, actually leaving your ankles more injury prone. So use them for now if you can't just take a couple of days off, but then put them away for the next time you really need them.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:04 pm

wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:09 pm

CT Track wrote:wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand

There really is no point except cutting the shit out of your feet....
    I only run barefoot in a field by my house.....
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:27 pm

CT Track wrote:wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand
    That's what the Nike Frees and Vibram Five Fingers are for.

And funrunner, you didn't present any evidence in your argument, so I don't know who you're trying to convince. And Amherst is right, you don't sound like a funrunner anymore.
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:17 pm

fudge.

i just bought the women's version of those shoes (Cumulus-9) and have been wearing them for about 1.5 monthes with no problems so far **knock on wood**

should I stick with them for the rest of the season and winter training?
    because, i know my parents probably won't be to convinced to buy me antoher pair of shoes becuase they just spent 80 dollars on those and 50 on my school shoes at the beginning of the year.

danggg. now what...
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:39 pm

xc running gal wrote:fudge.

i just bought the women's version of those shoes (Cumulus-9) and have been wearing them for about 1.5 monthes with no problems so far **knock on wood**

because, i know my parents probably won't be to convinced to buy me antoher pair of shoes becuase they just spent 80 dollars on those and 50 on my school shoes at the beginning of the year.

danggg. now what...

They are perfectly normal shoes for you. How many miles do you have on them? I say use them until track season.
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Mile Time : ???
    Class : 2010

Post by Through_the_Pain Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:52 pm

T B K wrote:
    xc running gal wrote:fudge.

danggg. now what...

They are perfectly normal shoes for you. How many miles do you have on them? I say use them until track season.

Yeah maybe they might work for u i do know one kid who didnt get injured.I needed better arch support hopefully u dont.

They cost u 80.my coach sold them for 45

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 am