Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
Just Because
May As Well Run
xc_babe09
BagoXC25
Adonai
futureNIKErunner
alex-likes-running
Pinthin
BA_Sadie.
T B K
Phuckduck
RUNxxWILD07
FinishingKick
thelagwagon
AudienceOfOne
19 posters

My uncles are going to Cali to get married.

BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

My uncles are going to Cali to get married. - Page 3 Empty Re: My uncles are going to Cali to get married.

Post by BagoXC25 Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Very good points sg. It happens to be against my religion, and I usually try not to take sides on it because of my personal beliefs. I want the people to be happy, but I can't say I agree with them getting married religiously.

Marriage itself is a sacred union, but Civil Unions are not. I have no problem with gays getting civil unions, because they are in no way affiliated with the church.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

My uncles are going to Cali to get married. - Page 3 Empty Re: My uncles are going to Cali to get married.

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Actually homosexuality is not against your religion unless you are some weird sect of christianity that does not agree with the rest of the church like tracko
    runnr4life877
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by runnr4life877 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:28 am

BagoXC25 wrote:You said yourself that homosexual activity is a sin. And I said that even contemplating sin is a sin. You, Mr. "Theology" major know that already.

Also, I didn't say that I hate gays or anything, one of my best friends is gay. I'm just saying that, even if you can't control, sexual lust for the same sex is a sin.

Jesus said it himself:
    Never have sexual intercourse with a man as with a woman. It is disgusting.

Why should something I can't control condemn me to hell?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:42 am

That proves the bible is not the word of god, because he would not create homosexual people for the sole purpose of condemning them to hell
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 am

Who ever said homosexuals go to hell...Jesus died for our sins, for the lesbians, gays, lepers, autistic, everything. The only people who go to hell are those who havn't experienced God or people who don't accept Jesus as their savior.

Oh, and I am catholic. Some people consider it an odd sect.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 am

BagoXC25 wrote:Who ever said homosexuals go to hell...Jesus died for our sins, for the lesbians, gays, lepers, autistic, everything. The only people who go to hell are those who havn't experienced God or people who don't accept Jesus as their savior.

Oh, and I am catholic. Some people consider it an odd sect.
    I hate that, we really seem to be the only ones with any sense sometimes too.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 pm

FK wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ATribeCalledGreg wrote:Kind of ironic how they allow gay marriage and the state is burning to the ground as we speak....

God's tryin' to tell them something. lol jk.

name a summer where cali hasn't caught on fire. lol its true though.

I think last year was worse though, maybe I'm wrong.
    I thought this year was one of the worst.

nah I dont think so. ask some one from cali on here.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm

SourWorms wrote:That proves the bible is not the word of god, because he would not create homosexual people for the sole purpose of condemning them to hell

no they are gay by choice
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:28 pm

They aren't gay by choice, im assuming you are joking
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:34 pm

SourWorms wrote:They aren't gay by choice, im assuming you are joking

no I'm not
    https://runnerstrail.forumakers.com/arguments-debates-f8/gay-by-choice-or-birth-t843.htm#26895
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 pm

you aren't a good catholic then
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Who are you to decide who is a good catholic and who isn't.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 pm

I know more about theology than you obviously so I have more of a right than you
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:07 pm

It doesn't matter how much knowledge you have, until you become a devout catholic yourself and never sin (or even accept God and Jesus Christ for that matter), you can't point out other peoples wrongs. Even Jesus forgave the adulterous woman when he caught her in the act, and he never even contemplated sin. Try actually reading the bible if you want to learn theology.

No human on earth has the right to judge other peoples religious beliefs.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I have read the bible extensively actually, and taken years of theology classes, i am pretty sure i know what a good catholic is...

if you can school me on anything regarding theology, i beg you to do so.

and why can i not point out other's wrongs? i know when they are wrong or "sin" and i think it is right to point it out because god certainly isnt going to do that for them
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

You can point out sins all you want, but I find it VERY offensive when others judge people by religion. Being a catholic, I can't so much as take a wrong step before all of the protestants and methodist and aetheists for that matter point out that I am being a bad person. Even the most devoted christian sins.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm

I never judge anyone based on their religion, but rather on their actions. I don't care if you believe in god, good for you, we all need our opiates of life.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Everything you learned about theology was probably taught to you in a class that approached the Bible as literature. You may know a lot about the Bible, but the most important aspect of Christianity is faith.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Wow, well put...That was probably the easiest answer FK lol.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm

an older man from my church told me a story about his brother who was gay and with a man for 35 years. one night after a horrible day he literally saw GOD and is now married to a woman. you choose, gay by choice or gay by birth?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:You can point out sins all you want, but I find it VERY offensive when others judge people by religion. Being a catholic, I can't so much as take a wrong step before all of the protestants and methodist and aetheists for that matter point out that I am being a bad person. Even the most devoted christian sins.
    idk what you mean. why are you saying protestants and methodists judge you instead of catholics?
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:07 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:You can point out sins all you want, but I find it VERY offensive when others judge people by religion. Being a catholic, I can't so much as take a wrong step before all of the protestants and methodist and aetheists for that matter point out that I am being a bad person. Even the most devoted christian sins.
    idk what you mean. why are you saying protestants and methodists judge you instead of catholics?

so ur saying i judge you because im methodist. i understand that peoples religion varies. i may not agree with what they believe but i know i sin, so why should i judge when someone else does. your being very hypocritical to say that all methodists/protestants/atheists judge you by what you do.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:18 pm

P2 wrote:an older man from my church told me a story about his brother who was gay and with a man for 35 years. one night after a horrible day he literally saw GOD and is now married to a woman. you choose, gay by choice or gay by birth?

just because your married to the opposite sex that doesnt mean your straight. Havent you ever watched oprah, where she has couples that come out saying "i've always been gay, i just married you because I wanted to be normal" okay you probably dont watch oprah, but i'm just saying that means nothing.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:an older man from my church told me a story about his brother who was gay and with a man for 35 years. one night after a horrible day he literally saw GOD and is now married to a woman. you choose, gay by choice or gay by birth?

just because your married to the opposite sex that doesnt mean your straight. Havent you ever watched oprah, where she has couples that come out saying "i've always been gay, i just married you because I wanted to be normal" okay you probably dont watch oprah, but i'm just saying that means nothing.
    most people that are married to the opposite sex are straight. can't deny it.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:27 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

most people that are married to the opposite sex are straight. can't deny it.

yea but occasionally people do marry the opposite sex to cover it up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm