Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
BA_Sadie.
mae2937
thelagwagon
AudienceOfOne
hxc
BagoXC25
Just Because
T B K
Kugar
FinishingKick
Push Towards State
funrunner
Pinthin
Running With Scissors
Trackaholic
19 posters

Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms?

Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Empty Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms?

Post by Trackaholic Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:21 am

What do you think? Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms?
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Empty Re: Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms?

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 am

No because then that means the stupid people also have that right
    I think so people should be able to but stupid people ruin it for the rest of us.
    Wait don't we already have right to bare arms?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Empty Re: Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms?

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 am

Has anyone watched the documentary, bowling for columbine? It’s a Michael Moore flick....
    But it was really scary to see some of the nut jobs they interviewed, that were also gun owners. So no, americans also have the highest death rate due to murders, although that fact came from the movie and I dont think it was too accurate. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

But then you think about hunters, some families are too poor to buy meat, so they need to hunt. (As much as I don’t like hunting Sad ) But if your doing it for just sport It should be illegal
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:12 am

Of course Americans should have the right to bear arms. Of course their should be restrictions (some pretty strict ones, too), but it's a fundamental American right.
    Push Towards State
    Push Towards State
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Push Towards State Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:31 am

Its in the bill of rights.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 am

Funrunner you say it's a fundamental American right (bill of rights) but so is freedom of speech and people still get in trouble for saying stuff
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:33 am

Push Towards State wrote:Its in the bill of rights.

welcome back
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:41 am

Running With Scissors wrote:Funrunner you say it's a fundamental American right (bill of rights) but so is freedom of speech and people still get in trouble for saying stuff
    Obscenities are specific exceptions to the 1st amendment. Your right to use obscenities ends where my right not to here them begins (I'm not saying I want the language here cleaned up, I'm just making a point).
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:11 am

funrunner wrote:
    Running With Scissors wrote:Funrunner you say it's a fundamental American right (bill of rights) but so is freedom of speech and people still get in trouble for saying stuff
    Obscenities are specific exceptions to the 1st amendment. Your right to use obscenities ends where my right not to here them begins (I'm not saying I want the language here cleaned up, I'm just making a point).

good point but I just don't thing stupid people should have this right
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 am

I agree with funrunner, Americans should have the right to bear arms, but we should be stricter on the people we allow to have guns and there should be a bigger punishment for the purchase/holding of an unauthorized gun.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:50 am

I agree that Americans should be given the right to bear arms.

Did anyone read up on the D.C. case a while ago dealing with this amendment?

There should be restrictions that should be the same across the board--each state should have the same mandatory restrictions in order to decrease the profit and ease with which illegal guns can be bought and sold. I think we need to get rid of gun shows, where there are no background checks and you can walk out with a gun (or two, or three) immediately without a mandatory waiting period.

But (IMO) outlawing guns entirely would be ridiculous. Crime won't go down. Crime goes down when people are allowed to carry guns (look it up, it's not just a baseless statement).
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:56 am

It's OK to have Americans bear arms but not OK for people out in the country who have no use for them and are just a threat to other people.

It could also be a big issue if the let future terrorists have guns.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 am

The Bee's Knees wrote:It's OK to have Americans bear arms but not OK for people out in the country who have no use for them and are just a threat to other people.

People out in the country use them for hunting.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am

FK wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:It's OK to have Americans bear arms but not OK for people out in the country who have no use for them and are just a threat to other people.

I meant to talk about stupid people who are future terrorists. THEY should not have the right to bare arms.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 am

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    FK wrote:

I meant to talk about stupid people who are future terrorists. THEY should not have the right to bare arms.
    Under tighter restrictions they would not have that right.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:52 am

FK wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    FK wrote:

Under tighter restrictions they would not have that right.

But the idiot in office now doesn't enforce that.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 am

I didn't say he did, I'm referring to my first post in the topic.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm

It is nearly impossible to get a hand gun up here. I don't know what your murder rate down there is but we only had like 65 murders (with guns) in Toronto, which has 2 or 3 million people in it.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Moz-screenshotShould U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Moz-screenshot-1Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? 1_the_right_to_bear_arms
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Moz-screenshotShould U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? Moz-screenshot-1Should U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Bear Arms? 1_the_right_to_bear_arms

hahaha, thats what I was gonna say.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:03 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
    lol!
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Well, I'm not a US citizen, but I think people should have the right here as well. You can own guns, but you have to get a license and stuff first. I think you have to have a license to own a handgun in the US anyway, am I right? But I think it's important people can defend themselves. Sure, some people will murder. If someone shoots someone, then it's the criminals fault only. But if someone is unable to defend themselves because of gun control laws, then it's the governments fault the person died. I don't think the government can be responsible for anyones death, so I think leglization is the only fair thing.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:27 pm

we agree on something....i think you should be able to have a gun but there should be some restrictions on who can like if you have a history you dont need to have a gun...
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 pm

thelagwagon wrote:Well, I'm not a US citizen, but I think people should have the right here as well. You can own guns, but you have to get a license and stuff first. I think you have to have a license to own a handgun in the US anyway, am I right? But I think it's important people can defend themselves. Sure, some people will murder. If someone shoots someone, then it's the criminals fault only. But if someone is unable to defend themselves because of gun control laws, then it's the governments fault the person died. I don't think the government can be responsible for anyones death, so I think leglization is the only fair thing.

Yes. In the United States you need a permit for a handgun (some places they are illegal). I'm pretty sure you need a license to buy other kinds of guns too, but maybe that's just here around D.C. You also need separate permits if you want to carry it on you at any given time (cc permit, etc).
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 pm

duh of couse you should have the right..how would you go hunting. That would like ruin my entire town lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:45 am