Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+11
Kugar
baby got track
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
Running With Scissors
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
whenhen
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
hxc
FinishingKick
15 posters

Non-Runner Dies Holding Fried Chicken

BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Non-Runner Dies Holding Fried Chicken - Page 2 Empty Re: Non-Runner Dies Holding Fried Chicken

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 am

runner_dude wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:yeahh sorry but i can't stand people like that and i know thats sounds really really mean but i honestly don't feel bad for them because anyone can lose weight if they would get off their butt and do something. maybe im a jerk though lol. sick pictures rws. just obesity is probably the biggest thing i can't stand like i have more respect for people that do drugs and stuff because sometimes you really can't help that but you can honestly help being overweight...and RD i don't get why my thing was a great quote?

Cause Bob Marley is the man.
    oh haha yes bob marley is amazing i thought you were talking about how i said interesting lol.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Non-Runner Dies Holding Fried Chicken - Page 2 Empty Re: Non-Runner Dies Holding Fried Chicken

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:yeahh sorry but i can't stand people like that and i know thats sounds really really mean but i honestly don't feel bad for them because anyone can lose weight if they would get off their butt and do something. maybe im a jerk though lol. sick pictures rws. just obesity is probably the biggest thing i can't stand like i have more respect for people that do drugs and stuff because sometimes you really can't help that but you can honestly help being overweight...and RD i don't get why my thing was a great quote?

You can be addicted to anything, including food. My dad works with someone who started craving dirt because he was so iron deficient, and he became addicted. Pretty soon it became all he'd eat, and he got so thin. He got so sick. It was disgusting.

You can also become addicted to running.

i know you can become addicted but if you would just get off your butt in the first place it never woulda happened its not that hard to you know excercise lol.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:29 pm

What about hyperthyroidism? Or psychological conditions (PTSD, abuse)? Not exactly the person's fault.... I mean sure, there are a lot of people who are just flat-out lazy and don't care about their health, but I think it's probably not fair to make a sweeping generalization about all fat people.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:36 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

You can be addicted to anything, including food. My dad works with someone who started craving dirt because he was so iron deficient, and he became addicted. Pretty soon it became all he'd eat, and he got so thin. He got so sick. It was disgusting.

You can also become addicted to running.

i know you can become addicted but if you would just get off your butt in the first place it never woulda happened its not that hard to you know excercise lol.

A lot of times a persons obesity is just because of really low self esteem. If all they're life they're told they can't do something, like lose weight when they were a kid, they're gonna start to believe it when they get older, and they're not going to even try.

Also, some people eat a lot to deal with stress and they feel that if they start eating less, their stress will come back.

There are a lot of reasons for a persons obesity, but in most cases it does just come down to laziness.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:47 pm

BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:51 pm

i know that its not right to make a generalization like that and it is mean but i just don't understand it and thats just one thing that i really am not ever going to understand...
    and funny video HXC.
    thedistance
    thedistance
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 47
    Mile Time : papa murphey's
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by thedistance Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 pm

hahaha, i like the vid :]

idk bout this whole thing. people choose their own situations. :/
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by P2 Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 pm

not that big of a deal..basically if you get of your lazy ass youre bound to lose some weight regardless of if you have a disease or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:43 pm