Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
XC_crazy
running_violet
XCTrackXC
FinishingKick
Tri Babe 518
whenhen
thelagwagon
runnergirl93
Love For Running
Wgrt
hxc
baby got track
alex-likes-running
yoby92
amherst_xc
runlikethawind
Pinthin
Through_the_Pain
CT Track
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
AudienceOfOne
26 posters

New Year's Resolutions

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

New Year's Resolutions - Page 2 Empty Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:48 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:mk i have one..
    stop being known as the good little sadie cuz everyone always thinks im such a good girl. which i am sort of but i'd like to be more rebellious and party more and stuff. haha. i don't want to be like a terrible skank or druggie or anything but i don't want to be the goody two shoes either.
    More rebellious? How would partying and drinking be rebellious when every one is doing it?
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Because it's against the law? Everybody is NOT doing it in fact.
    Love For Running
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 156
    Mile Time : 5:41
    Class : 09!
    5000m XC Time : 19:33
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Love For Running Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:19 am

[quote="AudienceOfOne"]
    stop being known as the good little sadie cuz everyone always thinks im such a good girl. which i am sort of but i'd like to be more rebellious and party more and stuff. haha. i don't want to be like a terrible skank or druggie or anything but i don't want to be the goody two shoes either.

I'm sorry but that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. People probably respect you for who you are, even if it seems like they think of it as negative.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 pm

[quote="Love For Running"]
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

I'm sorry but that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. People probably respect you for who you are, even if it seems like they think of it as negative.

ehh I get what she means. I hate it how everyone freaks out if I even swear because I'm soo Good and would never do anything bad. Some people even call me a prude and that really kinda makes me mad, I mean I'm modest but they mean it in a bad way. Its not like I want to be thought of as bad but I'm sick of everyone thinking I wont like something because it might freak me out or something.

it gets super annoying. Sorry for minnie ranting, but I get where she's coming from.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    baby got track wrote:I have another one
    stop caring so much what other people think

+abillion

I try to act cool on the outside but on the in, i'm really paranoid.
    wut kind of stuff are u paranoid about O.o ?
    Love For Running
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 156
    Mile Time : 5:41
    Class : 09!
    5000m XC Time : 19:33
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Love For Running Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="Pinthin"]
    Love For Running wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

ehh I get what she means. I hate it how everyone freaks out if I even swear because I'm soo Good and would never do anything bad. Some people even call me a prude and that really kinda makes me mad, I mean I'm modest but they mean it in a bad way. Its not like I want to be thought of as bad but I'm sick of everyone thinking I wont like something because it might freak me out or something.

it gets super annoying. Sorry for minnie ranting, but I get where she's coming from.

i know where shes coming from too, so when i went and changed to be more "cool" or whatever you want to call it, a lot of people were like....oh, you do that now? Then, for many good reasons I stopped going with the crowd, and a lot of my friends really respected me for it. They have a lot more respect for me than their friends who they party with every weekend. Just a thought
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:03 pm

I haven't really made any this year. I dunno why. But I guess if I had to come up with some, they would be:

Stay dedicated to training
    Do core work 6 days a week
    Stop caring so much about what other people think
    Read every night
    Actually work on stuff for Speech/Debate, instead of procrastinating
    Straight A's
    Work on the trust issues...
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:03 pm

[quote="Love For Running"]
    Pinthin wrote:
    Love For Running wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

i know where shes coming from too, so when i went and changed to be more "cool" or whatever you want to call it, a lot of people were like....oh, you do that now? Then, for many good reasons I stopped going with the crowd, and a lot of my friends really respected me for it. They have a lot more respect for me than their friends who they party with every weekend. Just a thought

i don't want to do it cuz everyone else does..which everyone else doesn't haha. i just want to actually have fun for once lol. im sick of not doing anything with any risk in it. i want to get in trouble haha as dumb as that sounds.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:43 pm

CT Track wrote:no it's right the way it is
    Rolling Eyes
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:08 pm

CT Track wrote:Because it's against the law? Everybody is NOT doing it in fact.
    Every one is drinking and partying and doing drugs, even a lot of kids you would expect to. In my honors psychology class, we promised nothing in there would ever go out of the classroom and then asked questions like, "Do you do marijuana?". It's surprisingto see that many hands up in clss made up of some of the best students in the school.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:21 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

+abillion

Assassins Shocked

I dunno stupid stuff like are they talking about me?? or same only laughing. yeah its dumb. I need to quit thinking like that all the time.
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:02 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Every one is drinking and partying and doing drugs, even a lot of kids you would expect to. In my honors psychology class, we promised nothing in there would ever go out of the classroom and then asked questions like, "Do you do marijuana?". It's surprisingto see that many hands up in clss made up of some of the best students in the school.
    When I had to take health last year I was soooo suprised at some of the people I found out drank/had sex/did drugs...
    There was this really innocent sweet girl I had classes with in 6th & 8th grade and I heard her talking about how her parents bought their OWN breathalyzer and she would always get caught each weekend and she thought she had an STD and her friend offered her cocaine (I was 16 and I think she was still 15 actually)... I was like... Wow? I never saw that coming from her and a bunch of other people. I had an interesting health class, there was a kid on steroids, 3 girls who got suspended for smoking weed on the back of a bus, and there was even a kid who came into the class halfway through the semester because he had been in rehab up until then apparently.

I promise my school isn't full of a bunch of druggies (at least I don't think), I'm guessing somehow I just ended up with an interesting health class....
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:07 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    im pretty sure not everyone is drinking and doing drugs ha.
    and you go to a city school so its probably a little different than if you would come to my school. stop making assumtions
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I was shocked to find out all these people that did drugs/drink/sex.
    Like I know that even some of the girls on the HS xc team that I ran with this summer, I found out from my friend who is a freshmen they were like having this team thing and like a bunch of them are really bad, and like...no offence to them but some sound like sluts.
    but apparently they never drink or do drugs in season.

like i'm afraid that when i go to high school next year they will corrupt my mind into wanting sex and drugs all the time. Shocked

I must remain confident fight lol
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:40 pm

XCTrackXC wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    When I had to take health last year I was soooo suprised at some of the people I found out drank/had sex/did drugs...
    There was this really innocent sweet girl I had classes with in 6th & 8th grade and I heard her talking about how her parents bought their OWN breathalyzer and she would always get caught each weekend and she thought she had an STD and her friend offered her cocaine (I was 16 and I think she was still 15 actually)... I was like... Wow? I never saw that coming from her and a bunch of other people. I had an interesting health class, there was a kid on steroids, 3 girls who got suspended for smoking weed on the back of a bus, and there was even a kid who came into the class halfway through the semester because he had been in rehab up until then apparently.

I promise my school isn't full of a bunch of druggies (at least I don't think), I'm guessing somehow I just ended up with an interesting health class....
    Exactly what I'm talking about.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:42 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    and you go to a city school so its probably a little different than if you would come to my school. stop making assumtions
    Ok, I'm sorry, most people are drinking/doing drugs/etc. Yea I go to a hood city school but I think you'll find the same stories from just about everywhere in the country.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:45 pm

We have cops at our school sometimes borderline a lot. There's a big weed problem.. They do random drug searches and search cars. Its somewhat amusing to watch people run to their cars though Razz

We live in a cow town too, (but its kinda surrounded by bigger cities..).
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:55 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Ok, I'm sorry, most people are drinking/doing drugs/etc. Yea I go to a hood city school but I think you'll find the same stories from just about everywhere in the country.
    you don't know that..you've never been to my town or my school. you know what we're surrounded by? amish lol.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Pinthin wrote:We have cops at our school sometimes borderline a lot. There's a big weed problem.. They do random drug searches and search cars. Its somewhat amusing to watch people run to their cars though Razz

We live in a cow town too, (but its kinda surrounded by bigger cities..).

Earlier this year they brought in a dog to search the lockers and cars and one teacher's room. This was the first time they've done it since I've been in the high school.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Hurray, we're getting into another argument on miler's dense "Generalizations"
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Pinthin wrote:There's a big weed problem..

That's what happens when you're close to BC.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:30 pm

My school has a lot of drugs. But then again, I know to a hippie arts school, so it's to be expected.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:44 am

Pinthin wrote:
    alex-likes-running wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

+abillion

Assassins Shocked

I dunno stupid stuff like are they talking about me?? or same only laughing. yeah its dumb. I need to quit thinking like that all the time.
    oh, yea im kind of like that. like whenever im with some of my friends, we always end up talking about another one of our friends who isnt there with us (like its usually negative, but we still like them and stuff), so im pretty sure they talk about me when im not there, but it doesnt really bother me.

and i think like 95% of my school drinks, although not as many do drugs. i know quite a few do hookah/shisha, but im not sure how many do other stuff. if you get caught, you get expelled, and my school is pretty prestigious, so people dont wanna get expelled.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 am

drinking is the same as doing drugs. idk why there is such a social stigma on doing "drugs" and not on drinking.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:10 am

Adonai wrote:drinking is the same as doing drugs. idk why there is such a social stigma on doing "drugs" and not on drinking.
    I think it's because for the majority of drugs, you can't do them in moderation like with drinking. Like have you ever heard of a person doing only a getting a little high on cocaine vs buzzed on alcohol? If it's wrong please correct me.
    My school is all about pot, e, and drinking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am