Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
alex-likes-running
T B K
TnF_T
thelagwagon
P2
Wgrt
runner_dude
AudienceOfOne
Tri Babe 518
5280ft
Pinthin
iWearNikes
BA_Sadie.
17 posters

bull shnat.

BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

bull shnat. Empty bull shnat.

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Top ten reasons I'm voting Democrat...

10.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

9.) I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

8.) I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

7.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6.) I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

5.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

4.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some people who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

3.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.

2.) I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are insane, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

1.) I'm voting Democrat because if I don't, the news media and every group of black people on the planet voting for Barack Obama will accuse me of not voting for him because he is a black man, not whether or not he has good judgement.

(one of my friends had this on facebook and i want to see what you guys think...i don't agree with this load buttttttttttt j\w what you guys will say about it)
    iWearNikes
    iWearNikes
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 423
    Mile Time : PR=4:54
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 18:30
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

bull shnat. Empty Re: bull shnat.

Post by iWearNikes Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 pm

im not political at all, but whoever wrote this seems pretty convinced that deomcrats will change the world
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:13 pm

Twelve reasons why I'm voting Republican in November:
    1. I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars spent on those in need, like seniors, the homeless, or people without health care. Not when we have wars to fight and people to convert. Those tanks and body bags are expensive, you know.

2. I think we should give up our freedom of speech by passing laws like "The Patriot Act." Every real American should be willing to have their phones tapped as part of their patriotic duty to their "Fatherland."

3. I believe we should stay in Iraq until every last Muslim accepts our democratic (Christian) way of life, even if it takes 100 years. You tell them, Mr. McCain!

4. I believe our bottom-line profits are more important then a few meaningless creatures. If they were important to God, He would have given them guns like us. They don't serve any real purpose anyway!

5. I agree that we should drill for oil offshore and in Alaska. If the fish and wildlife don't like it, we can move them to reservations.

6. Our government has a right to pass anti-abortion laws. Women should understand that the Republicans know what is best for their bodies. It's not like we need to limit our population. But if we did, the Republicans have a great plan. It's called war! So ladies, do your duty and have your babies. We will need them for our future wars.

7. I believe no death row inmate has a right to appeal. (Where is that in our constitution
    anyway?) If it's good enough for Mr. Bush and Texas, then it's good enough for me!

8. No business should be forced to give any benefits to its workers no matter how much it makes off them. (Let them eat cake!)

9. The Republicans are the only ones that should be allowed to interpret our Constitution because, after all, Lincoln was a Republican.

10. I believe every "American" should own a few guns because if Iraq ever invades us, our nuclear missiles may not be enough to stop them.

11. The Republicans will stop those gay people from making our children gay.

12. And finally, I am voting Republican in November because in the past month gas dropped to under $4 per gallon.
    Vote Republican in November. Keep the status quo.

P.S. God help us all. I mean, God bless America!

tongue

Last edited by Pinthin on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:14 pm

you should add that on there sadie^^

that way we can laugh at both.

hahaha
    5280ft
    5280ft
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 375
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by 5280ft Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:16 am

Pinthin wrote:Twelve reasons why I'm voting Republican in November:

9. The Republicans are the only ones that should be allowed to interpret our Constitution because, after all, Lincoln was a Republican.

This ones funny, Lincoln didn't even help write the constitution
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:23 am

Hey, I didn't write it. haha

I dont even have a side, I just thought it would be unfair to make fun of just democrats.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:41 pm

ATribeCalledGreg wrote:Well both sides are exaggerating the position of the other to make them look bad.

As for my opinion, it's common knowledge that the Democrats are known for raising taxes in order to fund programs to aid those in need more than the Republicans do. Therefore, I believe with the Republican ideal more. I understand people need help and I'll catch a lot of heat for saying this, but the only people I know who are on welfare, who's parents were on welfare, and who's grandparents were on welfare all have one thing in common, their skin color. Coming as a son of small business owners and landlords who plans to do the same, it pisses me off to think that I'll have to give so much of what I earn to people who do nothing. They leech off of the system and love every second of it. Between their welfare checks and selling drugs as their 9-5, a lot of them will end up richer than me in the end. I understand people have hard times and need help, but how long does that take? Two years? Four? Ten? Does it really take three generations? My family came over and worked their asses in the dirty fucking coal mines for pennies a day and served their country to get ahead. Why can't others do the same? Because it's so much easier to have a baby when you're 15 so you can tell the government you can't work because you have to take care of junior when really you're out robbing the rest of us.

Amen. At least somebody has some sense.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Am i a complete retard or was that like all completely sarcastic? sadie, i'm pretty sure that person is a republican.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:07 pm

duh miler...im not dumb i know this. haha.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:14 pm

1. I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars spent on those in need, like seniors, the homeless, or people without health care. Not when we have wars to fight and people to convert. Those tanks and body bags are expensive, you know.

2. I think we should give up our freedom of speech by passing laws like "The Patriot Act." Every real American should be willing to have their phones tapped as part of their patriotic duty to their "Fatherland."

3. I believe we should stay in Iraq until every last Muslim accepts our democratic (Christian) way of life, even if it takes 100 years. You tell them, Mr. McCain!

4. I believe our bottom-line profits are more important then a few meaningless creatures. If they were important to God, He would have given them guns like us. They don't serve any real purpose anyway!

5. I agree that we should drill for oil offshore and in Alaska. If the fish and wildlife don't like it, we can move them to reservations.

6. Our government has a right to pass anti-abortion laws. Women should understand that the Republicans know what is best for their bodies. It's not like we need to limit our population. But if we did, the Republicans have a great plan. It's called war! So ladies, do your duty and have your babies. We will need them for our future wars.

7. I believe no death row inmate has a right to appeal. (Where is that in our constitution
    anyway?) If it's good enough for Mr. Bush and Texas, then it's good enough for me!

8. No business should be forced to give any benefits to its workers no matter how much it makes off them. (Let them eat cake!)

10. I believe every "American" should own a few guns because if Iraq ever invades us, our nuclear missiles may not be enough to stop them.

11. The Republicans will stop those gay people from making our children gay.

12. And finally, I am voting Republican in November because in the past month gas dropped to under $4 per gallon.
    Vote Republican in November. Keep the status quo.

P.S. God help us all. I mean, God bless America!

tongue

haha i sent that to her pinthin. lol.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:03 pm

And this is why I'm glad I'm Canadian. Two-Party systems are flawed.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:25 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:duh miler...im not dumb i know this. haha.
    iwearnikes obviously didn't.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 pm

runner_dude wrote:And this is why I'm glad I'm Canadian. Two-Party systems are flawed.
    that they are
    however in england although we have lot of parties, there are still only two main ones.
    my favourite small one
    was 'monster raving loony party'
    Smile
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by P2 Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:38 pm

if only you girls could vote...
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:07 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:duh miler...im not dumb i know this. haha.
    iwearnikes obviously didn't.

haha i didn't read his post until now...thats embaressing lol.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:49 am

runner_dude wrote:And this is why I'm glad I'm Canadian. Two-Party systems are flawed.

Yup, in NZ we have a democracy as well. We have 8 parties in government, but it's more like 7 because we have one party which is just one guy haha (he's not independent, the party had other candidates up for election, but only he made it through).

We have so many parties because we have MMP voting system. You get two votes, one is a constituency vote (like americans/canadians/brits have), and the other is a party vote. One, you vote for your local MP (member of parliament, like representative, in the US, I think?), and 95% of the time it's one of the two biggest parties (Labour or National, like Democrats or Republicans, Liberals or Conservatives, Labour or Conservatives etc). Although we do have a few other constituent MPs, so it's not completely two party. But then the party vote, you just vote for the party you want. The party has a 'list', which according to what percentage of the vote the party gets, a certain number go into parliament. Usually half of the votes go to the two main parties, and other half go to smaller parties. So, in total, usually 70 or 80% of parliament is one of the two main parties, the rest is smaller parties.

It's a pretty sweet system, especially when you don't fit into one of the two main parties. I like the economic freedom of the National (Republican, Conservative) party, which means little welfare, low taxes, etc. But I also like the social freedom of Labour (Democrats, Liberals), of gay rights, prostitution, abortion etc. Basically I want a party which isn't full of bigots, or a party which tells me how to spend my money (no, I don't want any of it going to the homeless). There's a party called ACT, which is just that, who I support.

We have Greens, which is now just a party of ex-communist activists, I hate them. Also NZ First a combination of national/republican social stance and labour/democrat economic stance. Just like it sounds, they are complete assholes, and recently the leader has been attacked by the leader of ACT for taking illegal donations, so now they won't make it back to parliament this election. Wehey! Then we have the Maori party, a racist party dedicated to Maori (native NZers) rights. Then we have United Future, who are just centrists, and seem like pretty decent people. The party with one person in it, is Progressive, who are basically the same as Labour, they have exactly the same stance on everything.

There you go everyone, there's everything you need to know about NZ politics (and democracy Razz jk). Go impress your parents! Haha...
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Post by runner_dude Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:05 am

Canada has 4/5 major parties. The big two are the Conservatives (Tories) and the Liberals (Grits). No other party has formed a federal government.

The NDP is always in third place, however, they have the ability to become the official opposition in most elections, and they hold the balance of power in minority situations.

The Bloc Quebecois is an oddity. They only run candidates in Quebec, and their Raison d'etre is to bring about the separation of Quebec from the rest of Canada. headbang2 They can never win an election, and are really quite pointless, except as something to make fun of.

The Green party is arguably the fifth major political party, as they have been included in debates this year, however they are yet to win a seat. Last election they got about 6% of the vote however.

There are other, smaller "parties" such as the now-defunct Joe Clark Party (Joe Clark is a bumbling idiot who almost impaled himself on an honour-guard's bayonette, who left his party with a number of other dissidents after the Progressive Conservatives merged with the Alliance.

The Rhino party sadly is no longer. They had a number of great ideas, which you can read about here
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Marijuana party ftw
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Post by runner_dude Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:50 pm

TnF_T wrote:Marijuana party ftw

+1.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:09 pm

P2 wrote:if only you girls could vote...

If only you kids who like McCain becaus your dumbass parents do could vote.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm

I dont get what p2 meant by that confused

maybe I'm having a brainfart day =/
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm

hes just making fun of us for talking about politics cuz we can't even vote...don't worry pipeyy just had a little brain fuart himself lol.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 pm

lol i've never heard of a brainfart before.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:52 pm

really??

its pretty common..
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 am

5280ft wrote:

This ones funny, Lincoln didn't even help write the constitution

The constitution was conceived in Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love and the name of a movie. In the movie the main star is Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks has ancestry dating back to times of the colonists. One of these is Nancy Hanks. Nancy was married to another Tom, Thomas Lincoln. Thomas has an interesting fun fact about him. He was born in 1778. At age nine the United States Constitution was ratified in 1787. Thomas wasn't allowed to be on the drafting committee if you wish to so call it that. In 1806 Thomas and Nancy were to wed. Three years following they had a child. They named him Abraham. They lived a beautiful life and were never got to live to see their son become the President of the United States of America.

Sparknotes: Abraham = 1809 Constitution = 1787

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm