Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
Kugar
AudienceOfOne
ND XC 23
Hurdle-Gurl
Running With Scissors
FinishingKick
ButterySmoothStride
XC_crazy
iWearNikes
*sg*
xotrackkgirl
alex-likes-running
BA_Sadie.
Pinthin
NotChangingUntilSub5
19 posters

So what do you guys do when you aren't running?

NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

So what do you guys do when you aren't running? Empty So what do you guys do when you aren't running?

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:25 pm

I know Greg likes Rollerblading, but that is about it lol.

I work about 36 hours a week (6 days a week, 6 hours a day) and try to go out with my friends to the movies once or twice a week. I also spend a lot of time reading. I'm trying to get through all of Thornton Wilder's Library before the end of the summer, but tracking down some of his books is a bitch.

Pretty much the rest of my time is spent watching ESPN or on the computer, giving some of my music a spin (I'm trying to track down a Josh Fix torrent, but that is a proving tough to find) and posting here and some other forums. I kind of wish there were more parties in my town, I only get drunk like once a month Sad
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

So what do you guys do when you aren't running? Empty Re: So what do you guys do when you aren't running?

Post by Pinthin Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Where do you work?
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

So what do you guys do when you aren't running? Empty Re: So what do you guys do when you aren't running?

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:29 pm

easy parties

i hang out with my friends constantly.
    church stuff takes up a lottttt of my time, i always have to go to meetings.
    when school starts up im in show choir, symphonic choir, french club, science club (mainly cuz we get to go on a huge camping trip once a year), and hopefully ill get in national honor society after this year.
    and i read, play soccer when i can, listen to music, and just chill.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:30 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:easy parties

i hang out with my friends constantly.
    church stuff takes up a lottttt of my time, i always have to go to meetings.
    when school starts up im in show choir, symphonic choir, french club, science club (mainly cuz we get to go on a huge camping trip once a year), and hopefully ill get in national honor society after this year.
    and i read, play soccer when i can, listen to music, and just chill.

my avatar is actually from the camping trip science club went on last year. it was so beautiful and sweet.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:31 pm

ehh i usually just hang out with friends, so thats either movies, video games, beach sports, or pool parties.
    if im at home, i'll either be on the computer, or on the couch with a book.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Pinthin wrote:Where do you work?
    Supermarket :/ I thank god every day I live in the land of ridiculous minimum wage.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:40 pm

well I'm an irish dancer, and I do competitive soccer, basketball, and swimteam.
    My summer days are basically going to the pool and beach and watching sunsets.
    I join student council or service and spirit every year.
    i do some chores around the house to help my mom out.
    with my family... we travel alot together and we go to some pro baseball and basketball games throughout the seasons. we always try to be wild to get on fan vision. hah.
    my friends are pretty crazy. we do the stupiest things. like congo line around the neighborhood at night, play wild man hunt, dunk eachother with crazy games in the pool, play extreme monkey in the middle on different neighbor's lawns, reenact and tape our own oprah shows, make up dance routines, etc.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh ya, I totally forgot, during the school year, I do FIRST Robotics, (Team 236) where I do PR stuff. We are pretty badass at PR TBQH, we won the Chairman's award at regionals 6 consecutive years, we are a nationally elite team PR-wise.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 pm

very nice
    and i forgot that my family goes to a lot of sporting events too like indians games and cavs games during the seasons. my familys really close.
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, it dependss what time of year it is. Over the summer, I eat, sleep, and run. I work 2-3 days a week about 4 hours each at a pizza place. And I've been doing a ton of summer reading. I've also just started volunteering @ the humane society every other Sunday morning, so that will continue through school too. And over the summer I go to my grandparents who live like 1 1/2 hours away and have a smallish cottage on a smallish lake. So in addition to running there I also like to sit on the dock in the sun (it's heaven!) and swim and sail. My uncle has a sunfish that he lets us use... and we have a laser 2, but it's a pain in the neck to put in the water b/c it has to go in at the boat landing, and there isn't really enough wind ever to make it worth while.

Fall, I won't have any free time between XC, work, humane society, and 3 APs. I will be doing homework for the rest of my life I think.

Winter, I do ski team, so it will basically be the same schedule as fall w/ work and school and humane society except skiing after school instead of running... and I usually go skiing on the weekends too with my family... unless I have a race for school.

Spring, same as fall w/ work and school and humane society except track instead of XC.

During the school year my friends and I usually get together about once every other weekish... we go to the movies or have a sleepover or something like that. We were going to go the beach a few times this summer, and Canobie lake park, but I couldn't go because I didn't have transportation b/c my brother needed the car for work. We also sometimes go fruit picking... apple picking, strawberry picking, blueberry picking etc. haha. but of course, I usually can't go because I don't have a car!!! Evil or Very Mad so yeah. that sucks.
    iWearNikes
    iWearNikes
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 423
    Mile Time : PR=4:54
    5000m XC Time : 18:30
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by iWearNikes Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 pm

in the summer i sleep and be lazy

school year i have no time to be lazy Sad 3 sports + all honors, ap, or college level classes + other extracurricualrs = no free time angry scream
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

In the summer I spend a lot of time with my family. I go to the golf course a lot too and there's always something that needs to be done at home. We have a garden so we have to pick stuff when it's ripe and clean it which can take a while. I also hang out with friends, go on vacations, and sometimes go fishing.
    During the school year life can be crazy but I don't mind it. I'm in choir, band, national honor society, FCCLA, student council, letterpersons club, and I'm usually a class officer. Most of the time I go to any home games for all the sports.
    As far as volunteering goes I'm a Sunday school teacher during the school year for the kindergarten/preschool class. Around Halloween I put in a lot of hours helping make a haunted house for the community Halloween party. Now I'm old enough to help sell concessions at the local theater. It's ran by volunteers and I also help at the nursing home.
    Oh and when I have nothing else to do I read, watch tv, go on the computer, or hang with my sister and I'm active in NDLS which is this really cool leadership thing.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427

Post by ButterySmoothStride Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:38 pm

During the summer, I eat, sleep, run, read, surf the net, and party 2 nights a week. sometimes I find other stuff to do but I'm not super busy over the summer, since I don't have a job.....but I really enjoy myself. next year will basically be an academic torture test to earn Ivy league credentials, which at my school means top 10%, with a good amount of running, partying, and editing/writing for the school paper mixed in. my dad also has season tickets for the phillies/eagles/sixers, so I
    get to go to a lot of sports games, although he gives most of the tickets away to people or sells them No
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:45 am

I've had a laid back school year, but once school starts my routine will be wake up, eat, school, run, homework, eat, sleep, repeat. I'm trying to get top 10 in a class of over 800. Weekends shouldn't be too busy though, I can hang out then.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:21 am

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:Where do you work?
    Supermarket :/ I thank god every day I live in the land of ridiculous minimum wage.

oh fun. I think washington has the highest minimum wage so woopie =] haha
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:24 am

I do science club,art club , FBLA this year, I volunteer like crazy and knowledge bowl (if we have it this year =[ ) . On the weekends I just hang and babysit alot.

I dont know if I'm in national honor society or not. hmmm my grades weren't too good since I was sick the whole year, so I'm unsure.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:42 am

Hang out at the mall. I don't really go to the movies often because you can rent two dvds for the same price. I don't have a job because I just turned 16 this summer and I wasn't looking for one.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:44 am

Pinthin wrote:I do science club,art club , FBLA this year, I volunteer like crazy and knowledge bowl (if we have it this year =[ ) . On the weekends I just hang and babysit alot.

I dont know if I'm in national honor society or not. hmmm my grades weren't too good since I was sick the whole year, so I'm unsure.

I wish we had FBLA here. I've always wanted to be in that.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:48 am

XC_crazy wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:I do science club,art club , FBLA this year, I volunteer like crazy and knowledge bowl (if we have it this year =[ ) . On the weekends I just hang and babysit alot.

I wish we had FBLA here. I've always wanted to be in that.

I want nothing to do with business but it looks really good on a college app. You should ask one of your teachers if they would like to teach it or w/e.

It will be my first year this year and i'm kinda nervous, I dunno why. My coaches son does it and he goes to nationals and all that and convinced me to join. I'll just have to see.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:03 am

Pinthin wrote:I want nothing to do with business but it looks really good on a college app.
    -1 Rolling Eyes
    Hurdle-Gurl
    Hurdle-Gurl
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 632
    Class : ~2011~Sophomore!
    5000m XC Time : 21:00
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by Hurdle-Gurl Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:43 am

Hmm well I basically don't have too much of a life outside of running because everything I do is basically based around running.
    During school I have my sports in the fall & spring, winter condtioning, I'm Vice President for my class, #2 in my class, I was on Student Council, I'm on the yearbook team, and usually during the school year my mom goes to a local college so that leaves me at home to do all the chores & ect. Over the summer I babysit 5am-2:30pm 5 days a week...My friends and I usually go sidewalk chalking at least once a week at the park down the street...we also go swimming quite a bit at the dam (I don't know how to swim do this is usually interesting!) & then other than that my life is just go go go for things dealing with running &/or my friends.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023

Post by xotrackkgirl Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:00 am

RawBeginner wrote:During the summer, I eat, sleep, run, read, surf the net, and party 2 nights a week. sometimes I find other stuff to do but I'm not super busy over the summer, since I don't have a job.....but I really enjoy myself. next year will basically be an academic torture test to earn Ivy league credentials, which at my school means top 10%, with a good amount of running, partying, and editing/writing for the school paper mixed in. my dad also has season tickets for the phillies/eagles/sixers, so I
    get to go to a lot of sports games, although he gives most of the tickets away to people or sells them No

did he go to the 8.8.08 phillies game?
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny

Post by ND XC 23 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:39 am

Hurdle-Gurl wrote:Hmm well I basically don't have too much of a life outside of running because everything I do is basically based around running.
    During school I have my sports in the fall & spring, winter condtioning, I'm Vice President for my class, #2 in my class, I was on Student Council, I'm on the yearbook team, and usually during the school year my mom goes to a local college so that leaves me at home to do all the chores & ect. Over the summer I babysit 5am-2:30pm 5 days a week...My friends and I usually go sidewalk chalking at least once a week at the park down the street...we also go swimming quite a bit at the dam (I don't know how to swim do this is usually interesting!) & then other than that my life is just go go go for things dealing with running &/or my friends.

sidewalk chalking? haha Razz
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny

Post by ND XC 23 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:39 am

i work, volunteer, run, workout, go to pv practice, and hang out with my friends. that is basically all i do
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427

Post by ButterySmoothStride Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 am

xotrackkgirl wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:During the summer, I eat, sleep, run, read, surf the net, and party 2 nights a week. sometimes I find other stuff to do but I'm not super busy over the summer, since I don't have a job.....but I really enjoy myself. next year will basically be an academic torture test to earn Ivy league credentials, which at my school means top 10%, with a good amount of running, partying, and editing/writing for the school paper mixed in. my dad also has season tickets for the phillies/eagles/sixers, so I

did he go to the 8.8.08 phillies game?

no he told me to sell them, so i drove down to the ballpark and sold them to a scalper
    for $100...kinda feel like an idiot for missing such an epic game but I'm not
    a huge baseball fan anyway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:00 am