Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+33
whsrunner22
XC_crazy
Bocho6
Ejk37
DyingToRun
rlk_117
runnergirl93
iWearNikes
*sg*
Kugar
funrunner
amherst_xc
whenhen
alex-likes-running
BA_Sadie.
eternally_running
sub16!
AudienceOfOne
ButterySmoothStride
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
P2
PCNQtrack
hxc
Running With Scissors
runner_dude
5280ft
Hurdle-Gurl
Pinthin
runner4life92
xc_babe09
baby got track
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
37 posters

What place are you going for on your XC team?

whsrunner22
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

What place are you going for on your XC team? - Page 3 Empty Re: What place are you going for on your XC team?

Post by whsrunner22 Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:32 pm

i'm number 6 or 7 right now
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

What place are you going for on your XC team? - Page 3 Empty Re: What place are you going for on your XC team?

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Bocho6 wrote:im 2-4 right now...were really close....so...cross country will be exciting this year lol
    omgz, you posted.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:27 pm

haha
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:we have seven people lol

i think we do too.

brand new "team" so they didn't open it up yet.

just a couple kids from track to see how it goes.

we're practicing with another team that is also small

and we're friends with alot of their runners.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59

Post by PCNQtrack Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Ejk37 wrote:three other girls and i will be finishing between 1-4 all the time im sure.
    considering i have a stress fracture right now, 4 would be fine with me.

but come track, i will be #1. :]

got some new posters on this thread, welcome
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Well I'm in middle school so most of our meets besides the biggg important ones we don't even split into JV and Varsity. However on the ones that we do I'm in Varsity. I know that for sure. Last year I was normally #4 or 5. But a lot of our eighth graders graduated off to HS so this year I'm hoping #1. The other girl in my grade beat me last year but she hasn't been running as much as I have this summer and I'm hoping I can take her. As of Summer Running Club right now I'm #1 and I hope I can stay that way during the season...
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 pm

PCNQtrack wrote:
    Ejk37 wrote:three other girls and i will be finishing between 1-4 all the time im sure.

got some new posters on this thread, welcome
    Some new posters that were on RW for longer than you lol.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 pm

erika right? welcome.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I'm hoping for top 20. Luckily freshman automatically make the team though, so at least I don't have to worry about that.

And for all you people who went to big high schools, my high school had 550 people and we had 54 (boys and girls) on our XC team.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:06 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:And for all you people who went to big high schools, my high school had 550 people and we had 54 (boys and girls) on our XC team.
    You're lucky. It's not really how big the school is, it's how many people come out for the team. Big schools just generally have more people come out, but occasionally you'll get a smaller school that totally pwns the bigger ones. A school from the next town over (Burnt Hills) has only 849 people and yet their girls team was 5th at NTN last year. Another school in our area (Queensbury) has 965 people and their boys team just missed out on qualifying for NTNs.

Coaching is also a key factor. I know the BH coach is very good and I think the Queensbury coach runs Peak Camp at Lake Placid.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:52 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:And for all you people who went to big high schools, my high school had 550 people and we had 54 (boys and girls) on our XC team.
    You're lucky. It's not really how big the school is, it's how many people come out for the team. Big schools just generally have more people come out, but occasionally you'll get a smaller school that totally pwns the bigger ones. A school from the next town over (Burnt Hills) has only 849 people and yet their girls team was 5th at NTN last year. Another school in our area (Queensbury) has 965 people and their boys team just missed out on qualifying for NTNs.

Coaching is also a key factor. I know the BH coach is very good and I think the Queensbury coach runs Peak Camp at Lake Placid.

I think size of the school matters...who goes out for the xc team in the first place? the best runners. and a larger school has a bigger talent pool. 40 kids from a 400 person school will probably be worse than 40 kids from a 2000 person school. i just mean that the 40 best runners from a small school often can't match the 40 best runners from a huge school.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

I think size of the school matters...who goes out for the xc team in the first place? the best runners. and a larger school has a bigger talent pool. 40 kids from a 400 person school will probably be worse than 40 kids from a 2000 person school. i just mean that the 40 best runners from a small school often can't match the 40 best runners from a huge school.
    Size matters.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:26 pm

thats what she said.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:27 pm

lawl
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Agreed. On the serious side and the pun. lol.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:57 am

RawBeginner wrote:who goes out for the xc team in the first place? the best runners.
    I wish that was the case here. Kids who run 6:00 in 6th grade with no training do lacrosse and football.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:37 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:who goes out for the xc team in the first place? the best runners.
    I wish that was the case here. Kids who run 6:00 in 6th grade with no training do lacrosse and football.

yeah especially soccer players most of them would be right up with us and they don't run because of soccer..and plust just not too many people want to run everyday they don't see the point. which i can understand if you've never done it.
    Push Towards State
    Push Towards State
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Push Towards State Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:06 pm

I have about 10-15 people on boys XC. Girls XC have double or may triple that. I gonna try and make captain since i'm the only senior on the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:43 am