Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
alex-likes-running
BA_Sadie.
xc_babe09
runnergirl93
*sg*
mae2937
AudienceOfOne
XCTrackXC
NotChangingUntilSub5
Phuckduck
CT Track
whenhen
P2
17 posters

IMPORTANT...Refute if you can.

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

IMPORTANT...Refute if you can. - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT...Refute if you can.

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:40 pm

CT Track wrote:I'm trying to understand his statement. Clearly you're supposed to follow the ten commandments as they are the premise of most Christian religions. I'm just trying to figure out how something so ignorant is required by a religious outake. Is he supposed to be assuming the role of God or is he merely a disciple trying to pave a road for my weary mind?

Matthew 25, the Great commision. it was the last thing Jesus said as a man, so it's obviously important. but he never told us to shove it up you butt.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

IMPORTANT...Refute if you can. - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT...Refute if you can.

Post by FinishingKick Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:God is your conscience. God is not a living form of matter that creates miracles. I believe in most of the morals that the presence of God creates, but I do not believe he is an actual thing that watches over us. I refuse to believe I am put on this world to serve them. If you believe in something other than God you go to hell? I don't take too many classes on politics, but I do believe that is communism.
    no it'd be a dictatorship. but our dictator loves us so much that he was willing to put himself in a human body and get tortured just so he wouldn't have to live without us. show me a dictator that loves you so much to do that.
    +1

Dictatorships are meant to be utopia, the rulers just always get greedy with their power and ruin it. God isn't like that.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:26 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:God is your conscience. God is not a living form of matter that creates miracles. I believe in most of the morals that the presence of God creates, but I do not believe he is an actual thing that watches over us. I refuse to believe I am put on this world to serve them. If you believe in something other than God you go to hell? I don't take too many classes on politics, but I do believe that is communism.
    no it'd be a dictatorship. but our dictator loves us so much that he was willing to put himself in a human body and get tortured just so he wouldn't have to live without us. show me a dictator that loves you so much to do that.
    +1

Dictatorships are meant to be utopia, the rulers just always get greedy with their power and ruin it. God isn't like that.

i like that miler i never thought about it like that.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:24 pm

P2 wrote:ok.....so looks like i missed something. if people are actually offended by a religion argument thread than wow...but i guess ill stop. im evangelist so its kinda a duty to me to press beliefs.

its not the religion threads its the threads that get overtaken by it. im religious too. im just not interested in getting into an argument with someone over it because it wont make a difference.
    walks_no_where

Number of posts : 5
    Class : mostly anything....
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by walks_no_where Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 am

so one of the vids said the wage of sin is death...

what about a new born infant, or maybe still in the womb, and he or she dies. does this make the baby a sinner. a baby who cannot have sinned while inside the mothers womb, and yet they die. to me this proves that death comes to all, good and bad, but whether or not there is an after life...well...that's all up to what you believe

also...what about the eternal damnation thing...does this not prove that there is, was, and always will be time. and if there is, was, and allways will be time...does this not mean that there is, was, and allways will be matter.
    IMPORTANT...Refute if you can. - Page 3 Atheis13

someone may have said what i already said...but i didn't read through all the posts. theres alot Sleep
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:03 pm

walks_no_where wrote:so one of the vids said the wage of sin is death...

what about a new born infant, or maybe still in the womb, and he or she dies. does this make the baby a sinner. a baby who cannot have sinned while inside the mothers womb, and yet they die. to me this proves that death comes to all, good and bad, but whether or not there is an after life...well...that's all up to what you believe

also...what about the eternal damnation thing...does this not prove that there is, was, and always will be time. and if there is, was, and allways will be time...does this not mean that there is, was, and allways will be matter.

someone may have said what i already said...but i didn't read through all the posts. theres alot Sleep
    the baby didn't sin, so why are you saying it will go to hell? you're basicly contradicting yourself. the baby will probably go to heaven, but who know, and who decides what's evil and what isn't? God is sovereign.

everyone's body dies. when paul says that the wages of sin is death, he means that if you sin, you go to hell. he went on to say that Jesus Christ sacrificed his life so the rest of the world could have salvation if they chose it.

and about you little picture, they spelled "atheists" wrong. and what's with the 33 AD thing? if atheists believe Jesus didn't exist, why say that?
    walks_no_where

Number of posts : 5
    Class : mostly anything....
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by walks_no_where Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

the baby didn't sin, so why are you saying it will go to hell? you're basicly contradicting yourself. the baby will probably go to heaven, but who know, and who decides what's evil and what isn't? God is sovereign.

everyone's body dies. when paul says that the wages of sin is death, he means that if you sin, you go to hell. he went on to say that Jesus Christ sacrificed his life so the rest of the world could have salvation if they chose it.

and about you little picture, they spelled "atheists" wrong. and what's with the 33 AD thing? if atheists believe Jesus didn't exist, why say that?

i guess what i was trying to prove is not that the baby will go to hell (though i never said that the baby goes to hell) but rather that the guy was wrong when he said that only those who sin die. atleast that's the way i took it.

haha...and yes they did spell it wrong...and i don't exactly knwo what you mean by the 33 AD thing. but i'm guessing that they used AD because there is no other time system that we go by that most people will understand. everyone (christian or not) goes by the AD, BC thing. in america that i knwo of any way
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:00 pm

walks_no_where wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

i guess what i was trying to prove is not that the baby will go to hell (though i never said that the baby goes to hell) but rather that the guy was wrong when he said that only those who sin die. atleast that's the way i took it.

haha...and yes they did spell it wrong...and i don't exactly knwo what you mean by the 33 AD thing. but i'm guessing that they used AD because there is no other time system that we go by that most people will understand. everyone (christian or not) goes by the AD, BC thing. in america that i knwo of any way

actually the scientific community uses C.E. and B.C.E.

but whatevs
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:52 pm

walks_no_where wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

at the bottom of the pic it says
    ATHIESTS
    Winning since 33 AD.

33 AD was about when Jesus was crucified. why would they put that if they don't believe in Jesus?
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:02 pm

I believe the quote is the important factor, not the joke of some fat white guys in their basement.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:24 pm

CT Track wrote:I believe the quote is the important factor, not the joke of some fat white guys in their basement.
    oh so now i'm fat and white?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:41 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:I believe the quote is the important factor, not the joke of some fat white guys in their basement.

haha ...

you never know Shocked
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 pm

They didn't believe he was the true son of god, but they believed he existed.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

haha ...

you never know Shocked

hahhaha its funny cuz its true.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:23 pm

FinishingKick wrote:They didn't believe he was the true son of god, but they believed he existed.
    of course jesus existed. there were hundreds of people named jesus.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:35 pm

What proof did Jesus give for claiming to be divine? He did what people can't do. Jesus performed miracles. He healed people...blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead. He had power over objects...created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people. He performed miracles over nature...walked on top of a lake, commanding a raging storm to stop for some friends. People everywhere followed Jesus, because he constantly met their needs, doing the miraculous. He said if you do not want to believe what I'm telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you're seeing

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:What proof did Jesus give for claiming to be divine? He did what people can't do. Jesus performed miracles. He healed people...blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead. He had power over objects...created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people. He performed miracles over nature...walked on top of a lake, commanding a raging storm to stop for some friends. People everywhere followed Jesus, because he constantly met their needs, doing the miraculous. He said if you do not want to believe what I'm telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you're seeing

http://everystudent.com/features/isthere.html [/quote[/url]] yea i know. we all do. what i'm saying is that jesus was a popular name back the, like matt or john is now. saying you believe jesus walked the earth is like saying 2+2=4.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:28 pm

That was for sour worms not you. I know you believe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm