Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
alex-likes-running
runner4life92
Kugar
Pinthin
silly runner:)
RUNxxWILD07
mae2937
Running With Scissors
Grimmest
hxc
runner_dude
*sg*
FinishingKick
baby got track
NotChangingUntilSub5
19 posters

Scruples!

Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Scruples! - Page 3 Empty Re: Scruples!

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:51 am

Try to get other people to help pay for her if not I'll go broke.

You are on the top of a 4 story building and your 4 year old sister jumps off the top. Do you jump seconds after (you are heavier so you catch up before she hits the ground) and have her land on you and have a 75% chance of you dieing and 100% chance of her living or do you not jump off and give her 99% chance of dieing?
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 am

i think i would jump off and hope i dont die lol.

btw do you guys make up your questions or do you find them somewhere? cuz alot of them are really good, and i can never think of anything good.

Your at a snack bar and you and your friends are getting food (the bills on you). Your friend gets an ice cream cone, and after having it being handed to him, he walks out of the snack line, and waits for you by the door. You just get a bag of chips, and then its your turn to pay at the cash register. the lady at the cash register asks you if thats all. do you say yes and only pay for your bag of chips (as the cash register will probably not notice your friend by the door) or do you be honest and and say your paying for your friends ice cream as well. *i had a similar situation today on this lol*
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:25 am

i'd just get away with it

You are grounded, and you sneak out to go to a party your parents forbade you to go to. On the way home from the party you have had a little to drink and you crash your car into a tree, enough to cause damage, but not enough to total the car. You go home but your parents will surely notice the damage. What do you do?
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 am

go ahead and tell them they will be less mad if i dont hide it from them

Your sister wants to go somewhere and your mom says that she can go only if you will take her but this would prohibit you from getting your run in for the day...what do you do put yourself and your training first or you sister
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:54 pm

If it was the week before a race I would run. Any other time I could use the another rest day and probably do so core work later that night.

To alex- I make them up.

You are the captain of a big cruise ship and the ship was hit by lightning and is sinking fast. You are in the middle of no where and the water is ice cold. Everyone is getting off the boat as quick as possible but you know that you will die if you wait for everyone to get off before you do. NOTE: Captains are suppose to be the last ones off a sinking ship. Do you get on a life boat any way or go down with the ship?
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 pm

*sg* wrote:Into the ditch. It's not certain that I would die and it would mean everyone else would live.

umm, oops, I think I was answering something on the other page?? I guess I didn't see the 3rd page?? huh, that's weird... sorry!!!

ok, so to answer that question... I wouldn't put myself before the passengers, but I would be down there helping to load them so that there might be a slight chance that I could get into a lifeboat after everyone else had gone.

Ok, so I don't know if this one is really hard, but I was thinking about it at work. Where I work, we don't have a tip jar, but if someone tips us, we are supposed to report it when we clock out so that it can be factored into our income for tax purposes. So, if you get some tips, do you report them so you can be taxed? or do yhou just keep quiet. (assume that no one knows you got tips, so no one else is going to call you on it.)
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 pm

report it

you forget to clock in and you were late for work...do you fill out a time adjustment sheet saying you came in on time or late?
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Post by *sg* Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:52 pm

I would tell the truth and say I was late.

This is kind of like my last one, but on a larger scale... i'm having trouble thinking of new ones!!
    So, if there was a way you could reduce your taxes by 75% without anyone knowing, would you do it?
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Yup! I hate tax, no one is asking me if I agree with it or not. I'd just make sure I don't use government facilities, and I wouldn't consider it a crime at all. 25% of our normal tax level is enough to cover roads and police. That's all I want to pay for.

You are starving, and have one meal left on a desert island. A woman, who you know nothing about, is with you. She doesn't have any food, and is just as hungry as you. You know absolutely nothign about her, and she doesn't speak your language. You can't comunicate at all. Do you give her your last meal?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:05 pm

nope, I share Very Happy unless she's trying to kill me =/

Short: your given a job opportunity and it is your dream job, but you get 0 pay. Or your offered a job your not too hip on buut you'll be a zillionaire. Which one do you take?
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Post by *sg* Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 pm

Well, you can't live on 0 pay... so I would have to take the other job if I wanted to survive. But, if you mean a job that I loved and didn't pay as much vs. a job I didn't love but payed a lot, I would probably take the job I liked... as long as I could survive relatively comfortably on its salary... otherwise I would have to take the job I wasn't so crazy about.

Well, this is kind of general, but would you ever put your life at risk to save your dog or cat? if you don't have a dog or cat, pretend you do.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:07 pm

nope, i dont think an animal is quite worth it unless i was blind and it was my leader dog or something.

Your cross team has just won the regional meet. The score of the meet between teams 1, 2, 3, 4 was by a small margin. (top 3 teams go to states) By moving just a few runners around the entire outcome of the meet could have been changed. After the meet you find out that one of your teams scoring runners cut the course in the woods when no one was around putting them up 4 places in the race, and without the cheating, your team out of the top 3 teams. Do you tell, and let it be fair, or cheat, and go to states?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:18 am

honestly...I would confront them about it tell them that wasnt cool, but it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the teamates.. ooh thats a toughy. hmm Dont they have to see it though?? because I dont think they would go by what someone says. I guess I wouldn't tell. But that makes me feel bad =/

Would you ever sell drugs or become a prostitute to help save your
    dying spouse/family member etc..?
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:35 am

if it came down to it, yes.

Someone you have known since you were little is dying, but they live in another country now (have lived there for like 2 months) you still talk regularly and stuff. Your boss won't give you work off, and he will fire you if you go, do you go??
    Grimmest
    Grimmest
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 52

Post by Grimmest Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 pm

I would quit and go to see the person. If your boss won't give you time off for that, then he must be terrible anyways.

You are diagnosed with a terminal illness and are going to die in 5 months. You have the option of taking a drug and extending this time to one year, but if you do, your organs will be completely unusable for donation. Do you take the drug?
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by ND XC 23 Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:24 pm

damn these are tough. i wouldnt take the drug. im sure those extra few months wouldnt be too enjoyable.

a bomb is about to go off in the middle of your city and if it does explode, would kill everyone in your city. you are the only one who knows how to deactivate it, however, the bomb is located in a room with toxic fumes that can not be subdued by gas masks. if you go into the room to deactivate the bomb, you will die minutes later. so..do you save the city or yourself?
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 am

save myself, im not as much like Christ as I wish. working on it.

if it came down to yourself or your dad, who would you kill?
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:17 pm

oh man, that is so hard. i don't wanna sound selfish by saving myself, but i would try my hardest to save both but in the end it would only probably be me.

You can see the future, you see a person and you know they are going to die within a few months, but even if they knew there is nothing they could do about it, do you tell them, or let them live peacefully for their last few months.
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 am

Well, if it was just some random person that I didn't know, I would'nt tell them because they would think I'm crazy and wouldn't beleive it and they should just live in peace I guess.
    But if it was someone very very close who knew about my pchyco(sp?) seeeing the future gift and I saw when they were going to die, I might tell them if they are really close.

If you had to choose between having one of your parents die, or all the 100 something users registered on runner's trail die in the next 2 days. Who would you pick?
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:08 pm

no offense users, but my parent.

If you had the choice of having money and love, or being a great runner, what would you choose (sorry this question sucks)
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Post by *sg* Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 pm

I'd take money and love. honestly, I don't want to be a professional runner...even if there was some way to make me good enough... I don't really like racing. Even if I was good, it would still be a lot of pressure.

ahhh I can't think of anything.... ok.... here's something: if you had the choice of sacrificing 10 people to save 100, OR sacrificing yourself to save not only those hundred people, but also the other ten, which would you do? (is that confusing?)
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 am

nah, maybe myself. during the tornado i was afraid of death so i dont think im ready yet.

you have to kill one: mom or dad?
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm

thats a terrible question. i don't even wanna answer it.

would you rather be deaf or blind?
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Deaf, definitively. I need to be able to see more than I need to be able to hear.

This one is for the fellas'. Is there any situation where you could see yourself hitting a girl? Even if you were certain there would be no legal recourse?
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:50 pm

no most definetly not, to runxxwild obviously i didnt expect an answer i just wanted to answer that other q.

rather live in jail for 70 years or take the death penalty?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am