Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
Adonai
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
Trackaholic
funrunner
Phuckduck
T B K
hxc
The Riddler
NotChangingUntilSub5
TnF_T
Just Because
Pinthin
Running With Scissors
mae2937
alex-likes-running
xc_babe09
futureNIKErunner
BA_Sadie.
PCNQtrack
AudienceOfOne
FinishingKick
thelagwagon
26 posters

Abortion

Poll

Which one are you?

[ 13 ]
    Abortion Bar_left62%Abortion Bar_right [62%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Abortion Bar_left38%Abortion Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 21
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Abortion Empty Abortion

Post by thelagwagon Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 am

Germany4Euro08 wrote:Same here, I would vote conservative on the moral issues alone.

I'd say taking away the freedom of a live and healthy woman is a lot less moral than taking away the freedoms of an unborn baby.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Abortion Empty Re: Abortion

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:27 am

thelagwagon wrote:I'd say taking away the freedom of a live and healthy woman is a lot less moral than taking away the freedoms of an unborn baby.
    I don't agree. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you? What kind of say does that baby have? None. You're killing something before you even give it rights that belong to all human beings.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:30 am

Germany4Euro08 wrote:I don't agree. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you? What kind of say does that baby have? None. You're killing something before you even give it rights that belong to all human beings.

We don't have to protect the rights of things which aren't human, even if they will become humans. Is wearing a condom during sex murder, because you are stopping a baby from being born, just because we don't want that baby to exist?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:44 am

thelagwagon wrote:
    Germany4Euro08 wrote:I don't agree. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you? What kind of say does that baby have? None. You're killing something before you even give it rights that belong to all human beings.

We don't have to protect the rights of things which aren't human, even if they will become humans. Is wearing a condom during sex murder, because you are stopping a baby from being born, just because we don't want that baby to exist?
    Life begins at the moment of conception, so no that would not be murder. However abortion happens afterwards, and thus is killing a living human being.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Germany4Euro08 wrote:
    thelagwagon wrote:

Life begins at the moment of conception, so no that would not be murder. However abortion happens afterwards, and thus is killing a living human being.
    completely agree, FK.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:34 pm

^^me too
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:58 pm

see im a little lopsided about abortion.
    i think that if i were to get raped okay and i go to the hospital right after and then take a pill which will make me have my period early and get all the sperm and crap out of my system so that no baby is born that its fine because theres no heart beat nothing its not formed at all it would be later but its not yet. however if you are 6 mos. pregnant and you decide to have an abortion thats wrong because you are killing a live person. thats my thoughts. i always get in fights about this at school cuz everyone will go NOOOO ABORTION IS BAD ALL THE WAY and they won't listen to anything.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:00 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:see im a little lopsided about abortion.
    i think that if i were to get raped okay and i go to the hospital right after and then take a pill which will make me have my period early and get all the sperm and crap out of my system so that no baby is born that its fine because theres no heart beat nothing its not formed at all it would be later but its not yet. however if you are 6 mos. pregnant and you decide to have an abortion thats wrong because you are killing a live person. thats my thoughts. i always get in fights about this at school cuz everyone will go NOOOO ABORTION IS BAD ALL THE WAY and they won't listen to anything.
    If your child didn't turn out the way you wanted him to would you kill him? Not the same thing but almost.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore

Post by futureNIKErunner Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:03 pm

im against abortion. i dont think its right to take the life from someone before they can have a say in it, as someone said^^^^^^^^^^
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 pm

no thats not the same thing at all. lol theres no baby born if you take that pill like the night of nothing has formed at alllllll.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 pm

that was to FK
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:38 pm

thelagwagon wrote:
    Germany4Euro08 wrote:Same here, I would vote conservative on the moral issues alone.

I'd say taking away the freedom of a live and healthy woman is a lot less moral than taking away the freedoms of an unborn baby.

the issue wasnt about an unborn baby. it was born so it was a human and probably got killed 5 minutes after it was born because the mother didnt want it. i think that woman and whoever supported her needs to be shot or something.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:43 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:im against abortion. i dont think its right to take the life from someone before they can have a say in it, as someone said^^^^^^^^^^

same here. only thought tho, and this maybe the only exception i have against abortion and it is if a woman is raped or the pregnancy is detrimental to her health and in those cases i still would say no but i would be not as angry if someone did under those circumstances. and as far as the morning after pill, i think thats more for like an oops sex session and u just dont use a condom(if you do this your kinda stupid tho) or for if the condom breaks, or for if a woman is raped. i dont think its meant to be used for the stupid ones who just dont use condoms but somehow they are able to do it. i guess tho i would prefer that over abortion anyday.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 am

im against abortion, unless the person got like raped or something. if u didnt want a baby you should've been more dam careful.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:43 am

EpicFail wrote:Life begins at the moment of conception, so no that would not be murder. However abortion happens afterwards, and thus is killing a living human being.

Well if you are talking spiritually or whatever, then why isn't a condom just as evil? You are stopping a baby from being born, just because you don't want that baby to exist. It's the same scenario, parents don't want child born, so they stop it from existing. Isn't that just as morally wrong as an abortion, according to you? Or, if 'life begins at conception', are women murdering humans when they take morning-after pills?

But if you are talking scientifically, then you are wrong. A foetus isn't a living organism, it doesn't meet the requirements for any definition of 'life' I've heard. Unless you are talking about late abortions.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am

thelagwagon wrote:
    EpicFail wrote:Life begins at the moment of conception, so no that would not be murder. However abortion happens afterwards, and thus is killing a living human being.

Well if you are talking spiritually or whatever, then why isn't a condom just as evil? You are stopping a baby from being born, just because you don't want that baby to exist. It's the same scenario, parents don't want child born, so they stop it from existing. Isn't that just as morally wrong as an abortion, according to you? Or, if 'life begins at conception', are women murdering humans when they take morning-after pills?

But if you are talking scientifically, then you are wrong. A foetus isn't a living organism, it doesn't meet the requirements for any definition of 'life' I've heard. Unless you are talking about late abortions.
    I did a research projecton stem cell research and one source I found said that an international committee determined that life began at conception.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:12 am

FK wrote:I did a research projecton stem cell research and one source I found said that an international committee determined that life began at conception.

It's a strange coincidence, but I just did a research project about stem cells as well. It was a big one, 2000 page essay and all research had to be documented and stuff. It was for university entrance credits. Although it was more about the actual process, rather than controversy and stuff.

What committee is that? I did a google search, all I can find is christian groups declaring it. It might be someone with scientific credit, I'm not saying it isn't, but I couldn't find any.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14 am

thelagwagon wrote:
    FK wrote:I did a research projecton stem cell research and one source I found said that an international committee determined that life began at conception.

It's a strange coincidence, but I just did a research project about stem cells as well. It was a big one, 2000 page essay and all research had to be documented and stuff. It was for university entrance credits. Although it was more about the actual process, rather than controversy and stuff.

What committee is that? I did a google search, all I can find is christian groups declaring it. It might be someone with scientific credit, I'm not saying it isn't, but I couldn't find any.
    I'll look it up and get back to you.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:07 am

i think that everyone believes that killing is wrong....so why is it ok to kill a baby???
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:11 am

mae2937 wrote:i think that everyone believes that killing is wrong....so why is it ok to kill a baby???
    It goes back to a Harry Potter quote. "Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy..."

Abortion would be the easy way to get out of having a child but that doesn't necessarily mean it's right.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:54 am

I don't remeber creating this discussion! Oh dear, what have I started now...

mae2937 wrote:i think that everyone believes that killing is wrong....so why is it ok to kill a baby???

Killing isn't wrong. You kill animals to eat, you put down poison to kill insects coming into your house. It's only wrong to kill humans, and that's what we are debating, if we can give human rights to unborn humans.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:55 am

um i meant that killing humans is wrong...i thought that was just understood

and babies are human, they have a heart beat, eyes, fingernails

have you ever felt a baby kick inside its mom womb...because when i felt my little brother kick i knew that he was human without a doubt...
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:58 am

thelagwagon wrote:I don't remeber creating this discussion! Oh dear, what have I started now...

Killing isn't wrong. You kill animals to eat, you put down poison to kill insects coming into your house. It's only wrong to kill humans, and that's what we are debating, if we can give human rights to unborn humans.
    I split it from the other one.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

mae2937 wrote:um i meant that killing humans is wrong...i thought that was just understood

and babies are human, they have a heart beat, eyes, fingernails

have you ever felt a baby kick inside its mom womb...because when i felt my little brother kick i knew that he was human without a doubt...

Babies are humans, but embryos aren't babies. For sure, spiritually you had a connection, but when your brother was an embryo at least, he wasn't a human.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 pm

spirituall we had a connection...you cant physcially feel "spiritual" things....and spiritual things are things related to God...so if i felt him please tell me how that is spiritual??? I just dont get it an embryo is a baby and a human....what is non-human about it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm