Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    another reason i love running...

    Share
    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 26
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Pinthin on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:18 pm

    I want big thighs =/

    big calves would be nice too though.

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by hxc on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 pm

    Pinthin wrote:I want big thighs =/

    big calves would be nice too though.

    This is one of those things you have to remember. Because I promise you, no girl you will ever meet in your life will ever say that again.
    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 26
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Pinthin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 pm

    HXC_ wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:I want big thighs =/

    big calves would be nice too though.

    This is one of those things you have to remember. Because I promise you, no girl you will ever meet in your life will ever say that again.

    hah I would die to have more athletic looking legs. I want http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4989825 karas legs Wink

    except without the farmers tan...I have enough of those. lol
    avatar
    Just Because
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 541
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Just Because on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm

    HXC_ wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:I want big thighs =/

    big calves would be nice too though.

    This is one of those things you have to remember. Because I promise you, no girl you will ever meet in your life will ever say that again.

    He has a point
    avatar
    runner100
    Amateur
    Amateur

    Number of posts : 67
    Location : Portage
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by runner100 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 pm

    Just Because wrote:
    HXC_ wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:I want big thighs =/

    big calves would be nice too though.

    This is one of those things you have to remember. Because I promise you, no girl you will ever meet in your life will ever say that again.

    He has a point

    yeah, i have to say so 2
    avatar
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 404
    Location : Hillbilly Hell (a.k.a. Kentucky)
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Tri Babe 518 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:52 pm

    ButterySmoothStride wrote:
    May As Well Run wrote:Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.

    the ideal distance runner has relatively large thighs and smaller lower legs. big calves equal slow running because you need to generate a lot of torque to swing your lower legs through the running cycle.

    Yay! I have really dinky calves. I've always wanted ripped calves, but I'm thinking twice about that now...
    avatar
    runner100
    Amateur
    Amateur

    Number of posts : 67
    Location : Portage
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by runner100 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm

    TRI_Love_518 wrote:
    ButterySmoothStride wrote:
    May As Well Run wrote:Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.

    the ideal distance runner has relatively large thighs and smaller lower legs. big calves equal slow running because you need to generate a lot of torque to swing your lower legs through the running cycle.

    Yay! I have really dinky calves. I've always wanted ripped calves, but I'm thinking twice about that now...

    yeah we call this kid in xc thunder thighs! Very Happy
    avatar
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2255
    Location : SPARTAAAA!!!!! (NJ, not Greece)
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by baby got track on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

    runner100 wrote:
    TRI_Love_518 wrote:
    ButterySmoothStride wrote:
    May As Well Run wrote:Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.

    the ideal distance runner has relatively large thighs and smaller lower legs. big calves equal slow running because you need to generate a lot of torque to swing your lower legs through the running cycle.

    Yay! I have really dinky calves. I've always wanted ripped calves, but I'm thinking twice about that now...

    yeah we call this kid in xc thunder thighs! Very Happy
    there is this one girl on this xc team we run against who has mondo calves, like they are insane and everyone calls her "calf girl" because they are just that ripped. She says its genetic and her whole family has them haha.
    avatar
    Ria
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 207
    Age : 26
    Location : Dover Delaware
    Mile Time : 6:09
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:51
    5000m XC Time : 20:39
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Ria on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:48 pm

    *sg* wrote:I have a real overeating problem... I eat a ton because I'm always hungry, and recently I've gained some weight... I'm not fat, and my BMI is still ok, but I'm definately not as skinny as I used to be. It's not that I eat unhealthy food, it's just that I eat waaaaaayyyy too much healthy food. luckily it hasn't really affected my running that I can tell... but I'm sort of wondering if I would be faster if I was carrying a little less extra weight.
    Lol, me too, but not that losing weight part. I think gaining a little bit of weight has helped me.
    avatar
    Lily
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 476
    Age : 25
    Location : New Jersey
    Mile Time : 5:56
    Class : 2011
    800m Time : 2:34
    5000m XC Time : 20:45
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Lily on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:39 am

    i have been hungry non stop lately and i don't have time to eat enough to keep up with my appetite. it's getting a little ridiculous. i think i'm growing or something right now. i'm having some sort of pain in my ribs right now and my dad says he thinks they're growing pains.

    but anyway, yeah i have huge calves too, but i always have. they're so unproportional to my thighs. it sucks but whatever.

    Sponsored content

    Re: another reason i love running...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 pm