Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+4
Pinthin
ctk4xc11
Phuckduck
Ria
8 posters

Unhealthy

Ria
    Ria
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 207
    Mile Time : 6:09
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:51
    5000m XC Time : 20:39
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Unhealthy Empty Unhealthy

Post by Ria Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:51 pm

So, I started noticing today how much my diet effects my performance. When I am at school, I have a bagel(full of protein!) and a banana, then for lunch a granola bar and something frozen, but healthy, like a lean pocket. Then for dinner, it is all hell. I am home and my mom feeds me, and she does not let me control what I can and can't eat. Usually it is some sort of chicken with fries or potatoes and mac and cheese or vegetables(and she always gives me way more than a person should be able to eat, and she expects me to eat it all!) Then, she cuts me the BIGGEST piece of cake for dessert, cause she always has a fresh cake baked. But today, since I didnt have school, I had a lunch just like my dinner and she made french toast for brekfast. So, when I got to my run, I felt sooo sick. And when I worked out with my trainer, I still felt sick. So, my question is, do you think there is some way I could ask my mom to cook healthier things, or let me cook myself(she wont, she is power crazy and just plain insane). I feel like this diet is really holding me back in my training.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Unhealthy Empty Re: Unhealthy

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 pm

your diet isn't holding you back. chill. i eat chipotle the night before races all the time and do well.
    Ria
    Ria
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 207
    Mile Time : 6:09
    800m Time : 2:51
    5000m XC Time : 20:39
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Ria Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Then what would explain the crappy way ive been feeling on my run?
    ctk4xc11
    ctk4xc11
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 155
    Mile Time : 4:46
    Class : Senior
    800m Time : 1:59
    5000m XC Time : 16:53
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ctk4xc11 Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 am

maybe you just had a crappy day, idk, experiment with different things, if you still feel bad after you eat like today again then just ask your mom to make healthier things. I don't think she will get mad that her child wants to eat healthier. Smile
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 am

Try finding recipes online that are healthier and ones your mom might go for. My mom gets excited when I suggest meals, one less thing for her too do.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 pm

As long as you are making healthy choices on the average then you will be okay. That being said, I read somewhere that good nutrition can increase performance 5%.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 am

if she gives you too much, don't let that force you to eat it all.
    Stop when you feel full.
    *runfast*
    *runfast*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 165
    Mile Time : 5:10
    Class : Sophomore
    5000m XC Time : 19:00
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by *runfast* Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I don't think that diet can affect you too bad . . . all I do is make sure that I don't eat junk food before races and I usually feel fine. I usually don't pay too much attention to that when i'm training, as long as you eat mostly healthy stuff
    thenextdeena
    thenextdeena
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 65
    Mile Time : xc running, track
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by thenextdeena Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Ria wrote:So, I started noticing today how much my diet effects my performance. When I am at school, I have a bagel(full of protein!) and a banana, then for lunch a granola bar and something frozen, but healthy, like a lean pocket. Then for dinner, it is all hell. I am home and my mom feeds me, and she does not let me control what I can and can't eat. Usually it is some sort of chicken with fries or potatoes and mac and cheese or vegetables(and she always gives me way more than a person should be able to eat, and she expects me to eat it all!) Then, she cuts me the BIGGEST piece of cake for dessert, cause she always has a fresh cake baked. But today, since I didnt have school, I had a lunch just like my dinner and she made french toast for brekfast. So, when I got to my run, I felt sooo sick. And when I worked out with my trainer, I still felt sick. So, my question is, do you think there is some way I could ask my mom to cook healthier things, or let me cook myself(she wont, she is power crazy and just plain insane). I feel like this diet is really holding me back in my training.
    1. Make only get granola bars from the health food sections b/c usually they are high in calories. Even the ones that claim to be 'whole grain' are often loaded with sugar, so they taste good.
    2. My coach and basically every nutritionist I've talked to, stress that bagels are not a health food. They are high in calories again and give you a quick energy rush.
    so yes, your mom may be adding to the problem but you should read some nutrition books, because what you're choosing may not be the best choices. I was really suprised to find out how many of things I thought were healthy, really weren't

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm