Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Share
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:00 pm

    trwy_board@tccsa.net

    Board of education. you gotta love the internet, you can find anything now a days.

    Sorry sadie, but this forum is dull, we need action!

    If you email them, do not say you are a student, and DO NOT MENTION SADIE AT ALL.
    Say you are a graduate of a nearby HS, or their HS, or something. Or just a concerned citizen. If you could copy and paste what you wrote on this thread, that'd be great.


    Last edited by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 pm

    I couldn't find the AD's email...


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 pm

    Sadie-on 12/31/08 there is a board meeting at your district's JH. Maybe you could get you team to show up there and talk to them about keeping XC?


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:28 pm

    On the real, protesting won't work.

    - The decision isn't final
    - The coach is obviously leaving for personal reasons and if they can't find another head coach it's useless anyways
    - There aren't exactly cross country coaches line up on the doorsteps for positions
    - If the budget won't allow it, it might have to happen. There is no revenue in xc. In fact, even the NCAA takes a loss for their cross country championships.
    - Sending hate mail will just prompt the reader to delete the email and take no one seriously
    - The Board of Education is the biggest group of stubborn idiots you will find. They don't care for the good of the sport. Many teams get one season to compete while runners have two to three. They are just like politicians, they believe they know the problem, when they have no knowledge on the subject at all.

    I'm too annoyed at the subject to keep explaining this.
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 pm

    CT Track wrote:On the real, protesting won't work.

    - The decision isn't final
    - The coach is obviously leaving for personal reasons and if they can't find another head coach it's useless anyways
    - There aren't exactly cross country coaches line up on the doorsteps for positions
    - If the budget won't allow it, it might have to happen. There is no revenue in xc. In fact, even the NCAA takes a loss for their cross country championships.
    - Sending hate mail will just prompt the reader to delete the email and take no one seriously
    - The Board of Education is the biggest group of stubborn idiots you will find. They don't care for the good of the sport. Many teams get one season to compete while runners have two to three. They are just like politicians, they believe they know the problem, when they have no knowledge on the subject at all.

    I'm too annoyed at the subject to keep explaining this.
    You can almost always find a local runner willing to coach the team. You just have to look. There is no major revenue in any sport except for Football and basketball. NO othere sport has a ton of people lining up at the gates to pay to see competitions. CC also uses less equipment and money than most other sports. and hopefully no one on here will send hatemail, that's not the plan.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?

    atcg
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1373
    5000m XC Time : 20:30
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by atcg on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 pm

    Dear Board of Education,

    Enclosed are a few pictures of my privates. More where that came from if you bring back your districts cross country program. Enjoy!

    Love,
    Greg Anderson (sadie's best friend)


    Last edited by ATCG on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

    atcg
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1373
    5000m XC Time : 20:30
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by atcg on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:51 pm

    Dear Board of Education,

    I am writing this email as a concerned parent. Recent events/behavior on your part has me outraged. Obviously I am talking about the business of you receiving and distributing child pornography. I searched my son's email and it worries me that there may be more just like him. It troubles me that we have trusted you with the education of our children and instead you are exploiting them for your pleasure. Maybe I'll keep quiet if you bring back the districts cross country program.

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Anderson
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:54 pm

    You better not have done that. lol. like seriously that would not be cool, just funny.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?

    atcg
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1373
    5000m XC Time : 20:30
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by atcg on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:54 pm

    board of ed,

    hurd whoever owned dis email address had sw33t yungin pr0n up on dat jaunce. h00k me up d00dz?

    b ez,
    russell
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:00 pm

    You forgot to mention XC.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Number of posts : 3475
    Age : 25
    Location : HK
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by alex-likes-running on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:35 am

    i lol'd at gregs posts

    avatar
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4613
    Age : 25
    Location : Pennsylvania
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by Running With Scissors on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:49 am

    lol at greg's letters. I like the first one the most.

    Can we move this to Victory Lap?


    _________________
    THE NEW SITE IS DONE!!!!!!! http://www.traxck.com
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:52 am

    You can almost always find a local runner willing to coach the team. You just have to look. There is no major revenue in any sport except for Football and basketball. NO othere sport has a ton of people lining up at the gates to pay to see competitions. CC also uses less equipment and money than most other sports. and hopefully no one on here will send hatemail, that's not the plan.

    Hardly any sports use equipment or have any costs. So they figure cut xc because they have no coach and little funding. Schools don't go out searching for coaches outside the school district. Please educate yourself and think rationally.
    avatar
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1596
    Age : 23
    Location : OC, CA
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by whenhen on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:45 am

    CT Track wrote:Schools don't go out searching for coaches outside the school district. Please educate yourself and think rationally.
    My football team uses a coach from the local YMCA that was coaching 5th graders well. They don't do well seeing as the last time they won a game was in 2005, but it's better than nothing.


    Last edited by whenhen on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:59 am

    Football and basketball will do that because they have money to spend on them. Our football coach was hired out of over 100 candidates because it is an important position.
    avatar
    hannah
    Amateur
    Amateur

    Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by hannah on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:59 pm

    no idea if this could work, but maybe try to find a way through title ix? (if all of the funding is going to boys football teams or something)
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 pm

    CT Track wrote:
    You can almost always find a local runner willing to coach the team. You just have to look. There is no major revenue in any sport except for Football and basketball. NO othere sport has a ton of people lining up at the gates to pay to see competitions. CC also uses less equipment and money than most other sports. and hopefully no one on here will send hatemail, that's not the plan.

    Hardly any sports use equipment or have any costs. So they figure cut xc because they have no coach and little funding. Schools don't go out searching for coaches outside the school district. Please educate yourself and think rationally.
    Are you kidding? Every other team has to use a court or field for practice, and all the equipment for football has to add up. And yes they do. Teams puts notices in the sports section if they need a coach for any sport.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm

    hannah wrote:no idea if this could work, but maybe try to find a way through title ix? (if all of the funding is going to boys football teams or something)

    In all honesty it probably has little chance, but finding a loophole is a lot better than writing a letter to your congressman.
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm

    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Are you kidding? Every other team has to use a court or field for practice, and all the equipment for football has to add up. And yes they do. Teams puts notices in the sports section if they need a coach for any sport.


    Facilities already paid for by taxes and revenue sports. What equipment is used by any sport besides football and lax? Both being revenue sports. Do you get new shoes from the school every season? No you don't.

    I feel as if you overlooked the biggest detail. These are all rumors that are only credible because the school has no immediate solution. Have you found any article in the newspaper that confirms this? You won't because for now it is only a small problem that could or couldn't get fixed. You seemed to overlook that when I said that earlier too. I could keep going on but it seems as if you don't have the attention span to read everything I write. Look, ladadada reee guacamole you won't even see this boom.
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by FinishingKick on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:22 pm

    Swimming requires pool maintenance.
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm

    CT Track wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Are you kidding? Every other team has to use a court or field for practice, and all the equipment for football has to add up. And yes they do. Teams puts notices in the sports section if they need a coach for any sport.


    Facilities already paid for by taxes and revenue sports. What equipment is used by any sport besides football and lax? Both being revenue sports. Do you get new shoes from the school every season? No you don't.

    I feel as if you overlooked the biggest detail. These are all rumors that are only credible because the school has no immediate solution. Have you found any article in the newspaper that confirms this? You won't because for now it is only a small problem that could or couldn't get fixed. You seemed to overlook that when I said that earlier too. I could keep going on but it seems as if you don't have the attention span to read everything I write. Look, ladadada reee guacamole you won't even see this boom.
    All a school needs to pay for XC is one coach, a new set of uniforms every 5 years, and a bus 10 times in a year. That's a lot less than every other sport.

    And you said nothing in that last paragraph.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 24
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 pm

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO THIS...IM GONNA GET IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 24
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 pm

    ATCG wrote:Dear Board of Education,

    Enclosed are a few pictures of my privates. More where that came from if you bring back your districts cross country program. Enjoy!

    Love,
    Greg Anderson (sadie's best friend)
    HOLYYY SHIT
    don't even joke about that..lol
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by CT Track on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 pm

    And you said nothing in that last paragraph.

    Don't hate because are too impatient to read anything over two sentences.
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 25
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

    Haha come on Sadie be a man about it.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?

    Sponsored content

    Re: OPERATION: Save Sadie's XC!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 am