Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    unfair crap

    Share
    avatar
    thenextdeena
    Amateur
    Amateur

    Number of posts : 65
    Age : 24
    Location : canada
    Mile Time : xc running, track
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

    unfair crap

    Post by thenextdeena on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:37 pm

    so today I had a school race, my fourth leauge race of the season the final one before regionals. Anyways I always come third every meet, behind my two good friends who I train with in an out of school club. We work hard really hard. Then there's this girl at my school who's a xc skiier and is really good at that, she sucked in track season, she trains this summer and now comes fourth every race out of the blue. Today she won. I had a shitty race came 6th and she won. I train harder I want it more. One of my goals is to come top 3 overall all of highschool (at the end of the year there's an award for overall top 3) last year I won third, this year its over, because she won one stupid race she gets the overall award. she doesnt even focus on running she's a skiier! I am so pissed I cant even express it, SHE BEAT ME ONCE and now I dont get that award. WHAT THE HELL!!! now everyone's like "oh tara you're amazing!" I cant take it!
    Im sorry about the rant I just needed to get that out
    and we have a big meet next wednesday and I just dont know whats going to happen now.
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by CT Track on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 pm

    wtf? You're bitching because someone ran better than you? Sucks when you get to college and there are 100 kids better than you in any given race. Can't wait for that.
    avatar
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1729
    Location : Florida
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by T B K on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:08 pm

    Just because you want it more doesn't mean you'll train harder for it. Next time except the unexpected and don't think just because you get third at every race doesn't mean you'll get third forever.
    avatar
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1609
    Age : 27
    Location : Nova Scotia
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by runner_dude on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:19 pm

    CT Track wrote:wtf? You're bitching because someone ran better than you? Sucks when you get to college and there are 100 kids better than you in any given race. Can't wait for that.

    +1. Unless you're a god in HS, you'll get your ass handed to you in university.
    avatar
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 170
    Age : 26
    Location : Georgia
    Mile Time : 5:41
    Class : 09!
    5000m XC Time : 19:33
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Love For Running on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:32 pm

    I want it more than anything, im a senior, trying to run in college, and this season Ive been running times consisitently 3 minutes slower than my PR. It's sucks, but you have to get over it and keep training your best.
    avatar
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4613
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Running With Scissors on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

    It's not unfair. She beat you. Learn from it and become a better runner.


    _________________
    THE NEW SITE IS DONE!!!!!!! http://www.traxck.com
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 25
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm

    wahhhh haha.
    sorry i just had to do that..and i know sometimes it sucks ad doesn't seem fair but still be a good sport...shes your teammate if she is doing well congragulate (sp? i butchered that haha) her don't bitch about..

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by hxc on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 pm

    thenextdeena wrote: she sucked in track season, she trains this summer and now comes fourth every race out of the blue. Today she won.

    She trained in the summer and got better than you. People don't just randomly become better.
    Face it, she probably worked harder than you did.
    avatar
    amherst_xc
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 588
    Age : 26
    Location : Ohio
    Class : Junior
    800m Time : 2:15
    5000m XC Time : 18:54
    Half-Marathon Time : 9000
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by amherst_xc on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 am

    just face it

    you got pwned
    avatar
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 404
    Location : Hillbilly Hell (a.k.a. Kentucky)
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Tri Babe 518 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

    Yeah you probably didn't wanna hear all that from everybody, but it's true. I kind of went through this at the beginning of the season and I'm still dealing with it. This girl that only started running because I did is now the second best runner on our team, a.k.a. where I should be. You'll learn to just get over it and move on. Maybe she's just better. If you really like running and XC you'll stick with it and use her as a motivator. Maybe it's not for you. That's what I learned (triathlon is my sport). Just train really hard this winter and run your ass off. You can't change what she does, you can only change what you do. Better yourself, suck it up, and run like there's no tomorrow. In the end, the dedicated runners and athletes will stick with it through the hard stuff and end up on top.

    Hope this helped. I get what you're going through and I understand, but there's nothing you can do about her. The only thing you can do is make yourself better.
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by CT Track on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:31 am

    I know when I came into xc I sucked bad, but I worked at it. Probably not as much as I could have, and got better and was finally the top dog. All my teammates supported me and wondered what I did to progress so fast. It just takes a little dedication and a some balls.
    avatar
    hornyforrunning
    Amateur
    Amateur

    Number of posts : 91
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by hornyforrunning on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:47 am

    haha dont worry
    i used to get raped too
    came back
    NT biatches! i win =)
    avatar
    Hurdle-Gurl
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 657
    Age : 25
    Location : Upnorth Michigan
    Class : ~2011~Sophomore!
    5000m XC Time : 21:00
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Hurdle-Gurl on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:12 am

    Don't worry about it!
    It's probably going to bother you up until the next race, but you have to use it as fuel to go faster.
    I've worked my butt off since Track season ok, the other day some of the girls on my team asked me why they beat me when I'm the only one that puts in miles over the summer while they sit on their couches. I really don't know why they are beating me! I'm over a minute fast than last year and all, but I'm still getting beat. It's something that I'm just accepting & using to motivate me. I'm not freaking out about by any means. When State Finals comes, I plan on being the one to make the All-State team, if they make it too, then oh well they make it too.
    Just use it as fuel for your running. Your mad, now go run fast.
    avatar
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Number of posts : 3475
    Age : 26
    Location : HK
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by alex-likes-running on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:59 am

    Hurdle-Gurl wrote:Don't worry about it!
    It's probably going to bother you up until the next race, but you have to use it as fuel to go faster.
    I've worked my butt off since Track season ok, the other day some of the girls on my team asked me why they beat me when I'm the only one that puts in miles over the summer while they sit on their couches. I really don't know why they are beating me! I'm over a minute fast than last year and all, but I'm still getting beat. It's something that I'm just accepting & using to motivate me. I'm not freaking out about by any means. When State Finals comes, I plan on being the one to make the All-State team, if they make it too, then oh well they make it too.
    Just use it as fuel for your running. Your mad, now go run fast.
    wow, that's like the exact same thing as whats happening with myself. nobody else on my team ran at all over the summer, and a good handful of them are consistently beating me. but, yea im just hoping i'll be able to pull one more good race this season (i've got 2 chances left in 2 biggest meets of the season).

    avatar
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1609
    Age : 27
    Location : Nova Scotia
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by runner_dude on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 pm

    I'm in the other position. Last night in the workout, I was consistently ahead of a number of the Varsity runners, and it wasn't just a case of running the repeats too fast, these were all out 1ks. One of the coaches even told me afterward that if I were eligible for varsity, I would have punched my ticket to AU's (the conference meet)
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by FinishingKick on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:58 pm

    When talented people start training, bad things happen (for you).

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by hxc on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 pm

    CT Track wrote:It just takes a little dedication and some balls.

    This is quality advice. The girl probably grew balls over the summer.
    avatar
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4613
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Running With Scissors on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 pm

    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    CT Track wrote:It just takes a little dedication and some balls.

    This is quality advice. The girl probably grew balls over the summer.

    I lol'd.
    Good advice CT Track.


    _________________
    THE NEW SITE IS DONE!!!!!!! http://www.traxck.com
    avatar
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 975
    Age : 23
    Location : cold cold Wisconsin
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by running_violet on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:12 am

    alex-likes-running wrote:
    Hurdle-Gurl wrote:Don't worry about it!
    It's probably going to bother you up until the next race, but you have to use it as fuel to go faster.
    I've worked my butt off since Track season ok, the other day some of the girls on my team asked me why they beat me when I'm the only one that puts in miles over the summer while they sit on their couches. I really don't know why they are beating me! I'm over a minute fast than last year and all, but I'm still getting beat. It's something that I'm just accepting & using to motivate me. I'm not freaking out about by any means. When State Finals comes, I plan on being the one to make the All-State team, if they make it too, then oh well they make it too.
    Just use it as fuel for your running. Your mad, now go run fast.
    wow, that's like the exact same thing as whats happening with myself. nobody else on my team ran at all over the summer, and a good handful of them are consistently beating me. but, yea im just hoping i'll be able to pull one more good race this season (i've got 2 chances left in 2 biggest meets of the season).

    same, i trained with the top dog high school girls and put in over 300 miles during the summer (and nooo one else on my team ran at all over the summer) yet there's still two girls who are less dedicated and didn't train at all over the summer (and one of them doesn't barely train in practice either) but they still both beat me in races evert time.

    i don't even understand how they can beat me but i'm going to try soo hard to pass them up in high school
    avatar
    RUNxxWILD07
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1031
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by RUNxxWILD07 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:20 am

    sorta like that happened for me, but you shouldnt be mad about it, shes your teammate and you should be happy for her. one of my teammates beat me by a second the other day, and now im glad cause if we have 2 people fighting for the 5th spot at regionals thats a good thing. If's shes your first runner now, more points for you, who cares about an award.

    Sponsored content

    Re: unfair crap

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 pm