Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    Shoe Warning

    Share

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by hxc on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:04 pm

    funrunner wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    funrunner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:Obviously it will get you injured, it's one of the most padded shoes you can buy.

    Where exactly did you get injured?

    You're a fucking idiot.
    last time i checked you're injured and hxc isnt.

    Just you wait. If HXC keeps believing everything he reads on the internet and runs barefoot (a practice witch has its merits, but I highly doubt HXC will build up to it slowly enough to not get injured), runs 100+ mpw in singles, and keeps piling on the mileage with the 10% rule ad infinitum (as he has already advised you to do in another thread), he will end up way more fucked than me.

    The point of my post was that you can't just look at a running shoe and say "Obviously it will get you injured! It isn't a racing flat!" HXC is a minimalist. I respect the ideas of minimalists because they make sense, but I am not a minimalist. HXC should respect the ideas of non-minimalists because they make since. But he doesn't, and he throws out a little internet condescension to prove it. Maybe I shouldn't have called him a fucking idiot. Maybe I should have called him a fucking prick, but I do believe fucking idiot covers both bases quite well.

    Ok.

    First off, you assumed that I won't build up to running barefoot gradually enough. I started out this summer doing a 5-10 minute barefoot jog twice a week after my run. After four weeks I went up to three days a week. Then I began adding time by 1-2 minutes every other run. Is this slow enough for you?

    Secondly, I never suggested using the 10% rule to infinity. Your mileage would get out of hand pretty soon if you did that. I was using those number as an example of what he could do, using the 10% rule and taking a down week every four weeks. I offering advice not on how much mileage to do, but rather how to do the mileage.

    Thirdly, I never said I was going to do 100 MPW in singles. I just reminded you that plenty of people have done it, and it shouldn't be regarded as an impossible feat that will completely destroy your body as soon as you accomplish it. I'm smart enough to know that I can't handle that kind of mileage right now, but it's certainly not impossible in the future.

    You also said that the point of your post is to correct my first post in the thread, even though I've already corrected it.

    The rest of your post was pretty much just FUCK YOU, so I won't respond to that.

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by hxc on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:16 pm

    Running With Scissors wrote:I just bought really padded shoes a few days ago because I thought they would help with my rolled ankle and you guys are saying thats a bad thing?

    It would probably help the ankle heal faster, because they absorb more shock and let your ankles do less while you're running, but continuous use of them would result in weaker ankles, actually leaving your ankles more injury prone. So use them for now if you can't just take a couple of days off, but then put them away for the next time you really need them.
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by CT Track on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:04 pm

    wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by hxc on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:09 pm

    CT Track wrote:wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand

    There really is no point except cutting the shit out of your feet....
    I only run barefoot in a field by my house.....
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by FinishingKick on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:27 pm

    CT Track wrote:wtf is the point of running barefoot unless it's on a soft surface like sand
    That's what the Nike Frees and Vibram Five Fingers are for.

    And funrunner, you didn't present any evidence in your argument, so I don't know who you're trying to convince. And Amherst is right, you don't sound like a funrunner anymore.
    avatar
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 975
    Age : 23
    Location : cold cold Wisconsin
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by running_violet on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:17 pm

    fudge.

    i just bought the women's version of those shoes (Cumulus-9) and have been wearing them for about 1.5 monthes with no problems so far **knock on wood**

    should I stick with them for the rest of the season and winter training?
    because, i know my parents probably won't be to convinced to buy me antoher pair of shoes becuase they just spent 80 dollars on those and 50 on my school shoes at the beginning of the year.

    danggg. now what...
    avatar
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1729
    Location : Florida
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by T B K on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:39 pm

    xc running gal wrote:fudge.

    i just bought the women's version of those shoes (Cumulus-9) and have been wearing them for about 1.5 monthes with no problems so far **knock on wood**

    should I stick with them for the rest of the season and winter training?
    because, i know my parents probably won't be to convinced to buy me antoher pair of shoes becuase they just spent 80 dollars on those and 50 on my school shoes at the beginning of the year.

    danggg. now what...

    They are perfectly normal shoes for you. How many miles do you have on them? I say use them until track season.

    Through_the_Pain
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 565
    Age : 26
    Location : New York City
    Mile Time : ???
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by Through_the_Pain on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:52 pm

    T B K wrote:
    xc running gal wrote:fudge.

    i just bought the women's version of those shoes (Cumulus-9) and have been wearing them for about 1.5 monthes with no problems so far **knock on wood**

    should I stick with them for the rest of the season and winter training?
    because, i know my parents probably won't be to convinced to buy me antoher pair of shoes becuase they just spent 80 dollars on those and 50 on my school shoes at the beginning of the year.

    danggg. now what...

    They are perfectly normal shoes for you. How many miles do you have on them? I say use them until track season.



    Yeah maybe they might work for u i do know one kid who didnt get injured.I needed better arch support hopefully u dont.


    They cost u 80.my coach sold them for 45

    Sponsored content

    Re: Shoe Warning

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 pm