Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Share
    avatar
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 374
    Age : 27
    Location : Winnebago
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by BagoXC25 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm

    Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by ButterySmoothStride on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

    Bago said his team was pretty good. and based on most people's(excluding members of
    national caliber teams like FK and SW) definitions of good, they do seem to be pretty good, so I
    don't see what the conflict is.
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Phuckduck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 pm

    BagoXC25 wrote:Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    i don't see how you reached this sarcastic conclusion. but say a d4 championship team at the california state meet is okay but nowhere near the caliber of a d1 or d2 top finishing team.

    lefty_logan
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 134
    Age : 23
    Location : Southern California
    Mile Time : 6:45
    Class : 2012 frosh
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by lefty_logan on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 am

    one of our sophmores ran a 15:30 at the Laguna Hills invite. It's faster than some of the varsity guys at our school.
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Phuckduck on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:08 am

    lefty_logan wrote:one of our sophmores ran a 15:30 at the Laguna Hills invite. It's faster than some of the varsity guys at our school.

    3 miles. but still thats really good for a soph. we got 2 sophs that could do about that right now
    avatar
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Number of posts : 3475
    Age : 25
    Location : HK
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by alex-likes-running on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:47 am

    got my second meet coming up on friday.

    avatar
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 404
    Location : Hillbilly Hell (a.k.a. Kentucky)
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Tri Babe 518 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:28 am

    I totally bombed my first meet. 2 minutes off my PR. I felt really crappy. Next meet is Saturday.
    avatar
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 374
    Age : 27
    Location : Winnebago
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by BagoXC25 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 pm

    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    i don't see how you reached this sarcastic conclusion. but say a d4 championship team at the california state meet is okay but nowhere near the caliber of a d1 or d2 top finishing team.

    Ok my bad, quote the post when I said my team was as good as good as a top californian team. I must have slipped up when I typed that, and that would explain why you blew your load on the computer monitor.
    avatar
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4613
    Age : 25
    Location : Pennsylvania
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Running With Scissors on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

    So I had another meet today on a mountain. Last year I ran a 19:4x. Today I ran a 17:4x. I'll get you the real time later. I'd rank that in my top 3 performances due to the fact that the schools on a mountain and they never cut there grass.

    The grass was this long.
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    Luckly the grass was matted down from the home team running on it. I know it's cross country but would it kill them to cut the grass once in a while?


    _________________
    THE NEW SITE IS DONE!!!!!!! http://www.traxck.com
    avatar
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2255
    Location : SPARTAAAA!!!!! (NJ, not Greece)
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by baby got track on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

    we had a meet today.
    it was good and bad, good because we destroyed the other team (1,2,3,4,5 lol)
    and bad because I tripped on a root and twisted my ankle. I ended up limping the last two miles Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1445
    Age : 23
    Location : North Dakota
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by P2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

    i love how you guys all say ohio is good yet you could win one of the meets they go to by going sub 17.30 Neutral
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Phuckduck on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 am

    BagoXC25 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    i don't see how you reached this sarcastic conclusion. but say a d4 championship team at the california state meet is okay but nowhere near the caliber of a d1 or d2 top finishing team.

    Ok my bad, quote the post when I said my team was as good as good as a top californian team. I must have slipped up when I typed that, and that would explain why you blew your load on the computer monitor.

    i never said that you said that. im just saying stop bragging bout your team, you guys aren't that good
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 27
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by CT Track on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:03 am

    I never saw any Ohio teams at NTN or FL idk just sayin
    avatar
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 374
    Age : 27
    Location : Winnebago
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by BagoXC25 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 am

    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    i don't see how you reached this sarcastic conclusion. but say a d4 championship team at the california state meet is okay but nowhere near the caliber of a d1 or d2 top finishing team.

    Ok my bad, quote the post when I said my team was as good as good as a top californian team. I must have slipped up when I typed that, and that would explain why you blew your load on the computer monitor.

    i never said that you said that. im just saying stop bragging bout your team, you guys aren't that good

    Just stop being so defensive. I didn't say I my school was better than any one elses. He wanted to know what he would rank on some good teams. I told him my school was "pretty good" and he would be 4th on it. Then you come along and brag about YOUR team (that you don't even score points for mind you) and get on my case. You just need to chill out, step away from your ego, and realize that not everyone can afford to send their child to a 10k a year private school that recruits the majority of their good athletes.

    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 648
    Age : 24
    Location : Indiana
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by funrunner on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm

    I got a stress fracture. Nuff said.
    avatar
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4613
    Age : 25
    Location : Pennsylvania
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Running With Scissors on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 pm

    funrunner wrote:I got a stress fracture. Nuff said.

    They suck balls. I had one last xc season hence the 19:xx 5k at districts and not making it to states.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My right ankle and hip are hurting because we drove to the top of a mountain (to far to run to) and ran down it 4 times and ran up it 4 times. No stops. The mountain is very steep and .855 miles long. Thats 6.84 miles of nonstop mountain.

    The up hill sucked. The down hill hurt because its steep as fuck and its on cement.


    _________________
    THE NEW SITE IS DONE!!!!!!! http://www.traxck.com
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Phuckduck on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:56 pm

    BagoXC25 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Teams that go to, let alone win ntn aren't even good anyways, so it doesn't matter.

    i don't see how you reached this sarcastic conclusion. but say a d4 championship team at the california state meet is okay but nowhere near the caliber of a d1 or d2 top finishing team.

    Ok my bad, quote the post when I said my team was as good as good as a top californian team. I must have slipped up when I typed that, and that would explain why you blew your load on the computer monitor.

    i never said that you said that. im just saying stop bragging bout your team, you guys aren't that good

    Just stop being so defensive. I didn't say I my school was better than any one elses. He wanted to know what he would rank on some good teams. I told him my school was "pretty good" and he would be 4th on it. Then you come along and brag about YOUR team (that you don't even score points for mind you) and get on my case. You just need to chill out, step away from your ego, and realize that not everyone can afford to send their child to a 10k a year private school that recruits the majority of their good athletes.

    ignorance ftw! my school doesn't recruit in any way and doing so would be contradictory to the mission of the school. if we did our football team might actually be good. people always say that because they cant get over the fact that their schools are terrible

    and i am actually the number 3-4 runner on my team thank you very much which last time i checked does score, but maybe not at your shithole of a school
    avatar
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

    Number of posts : 374
    Age : 27
    Location : Winnebago
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by BagoXC25 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 am

    16:38 5k is 3-4 in your school? Wow, they must really be struggling for talent this year...
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by FinishingKick on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

    funrunner you did too much this summer.

    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1374
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by hxc on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 pm

    FinishingKick wrote:funrunner you did too much this summer.

    LOL didn't he do like 40 mpw?
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by FinishingKick on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:13 pm

    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:funrunner you did too much this summer.

    LOL didn't he do like 40 mpw?
    He peaked at around 50. I think the contributing factors were the fact that he'd never run close to that before and that he started at too much mileage.
    avatar
    Just Because
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 541
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Just Because on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:04 pm

    First meet tomorrow Very Happy But running against a bunch of guys that have run low 15's so I can give up any hope of getting an award.
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Phuckduck on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:40 pm

    BagoXC25 wrote:16:38 5k is 3-4 in your school? Wow, they must really be struggling for talent this year...

    is that sarcasm? because i hope it is because that was with it being 105 outside at the time of the race and good for 13th place and our team winning by 35 points. im pretty sure our jv would walk over your old team
    avatar
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Number of posts : 3475
    Age : 25
    Location : HK
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by alex-likes-running on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 am

    had my second meet today. i did really bad, but our team got 2nd overall for boys and girls.

    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 25
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Pinthin on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:33 pm

    I did ughhh yesterday =/

    Do you ever get that "I feel like I'm running realllly fast but really your not" ? I thought I was going to break my pr by alot, but turns out I was a minute or so behind =[

    guuuh, I def. need to start running faster.

    Tomorrow is easily our hardest course, it has huuuge steep sandy hills that are just killer to run on. My time is going to suck.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Official 2008 XC Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 am