Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
JK Runs
Adonai
Wgrt
T B K
ND XC 23
Just Because
Butch Cassidy
P2
Triathlete
funrunner
hxc
eternally_running
ButterySmoothStride
whenhen
xc_babe09
CT Track
PCNQtrack
Running With Scissors
BA_Sadie.
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
5280ft
AudienceOfOne
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
Phuckduck
32 posters

Where Did God Go?????

CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Where Did God Go????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where Did God Go?????

Post by CT Track Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm

So who are we to tell atheists, agnostics, even hindus that they are wrong?

Last edited by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm

CT Track wrote:So she is ignorant for not believing in what she can't see, while you aren't when faith is the complete basis of ignorance. I see you point....
    I didn't say ignorant, I'm basically just saying they can't make a decision.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:25 pm

CT Track wrote:So who are we to tell atheists, agnostics, even hindus that they are wrong?
    Jesus said, "I am the way. No one gets to the Father except through me".
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:26 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.

we dont hear his voice, but we do hear his words. if youve ever gone to church you hear god speak through someone who is willing to let him do that. we dont have prophets persay anymore but we do have priests and preachers. i think they are very similar because they help spread the word of god and help those people who dont hear god in the way they do find a way to hear him and love him. if we didnt have preachers and churches i think that there would be nut jobs and people who didnt believe in anything and didnt like the nut jobs because they didnt understand them. thats how god helps us. if anyone can even understand what i said the way i understand it then they will understand.
    sparknotes: God works through people.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm

haha yes. pretty much.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:28 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    CT Track wrote:So she is ignorant for not believing in what she can't see, while you aren't when faith is the complete basis of ignorance. I see you point....
    I didn't say ignorant, I'm basically just saying they can't make a decision.

I get what your saying, I Think its just more of a point in someones life where they're looking for a religion.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:29 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:So who are we to tell atheists, agnostics, even hindus that they are wrong?

annd?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.

we dont hear his voice, but we do hear his words. if youve ever gone to church you hear god speak through someone who is willing to let him do that. we dont have prophets persay anymore but we do have priests and preachers. i think they are very similar because they help spread the word of god and help those people who dont hear god in the way they do find a way to hear him and love him. if we didnt have preachers and churches i think that there would be nut jobs and people who didnt believe in anything and didnt like the nut jobs because they didnt understand them. thats how god helps us. if anyone can even understand what i said the way i understand it then they will understand.

no offense.. but that sounds like crazy talk.

Crazy people hear voices all the time. Maybe they aren't really crazy at all, they must truly be hearing those voices. and no I'm not calling anyone crazy or insane so don't go there.

its almost like a placebo effect.

did you miss everything we said? we don't hear voices. He talks to us in different ways.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:29 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:

Crazy people hear voices all the time. Maybe they aren't really crazy at all, they must truly be hearing those voices. and no I'm not calling anyone crazy or insane so don't go there.

did you miss everything we said? we don't hear voices. He talks to us in different ways.

its still like a placebo effect.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?
    that isn't self explained? no one gets through except through Jesus. not atheists, not agnostics, not hindus.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:

How would you know? Certainly not from personal experience.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?
    that isn't self explained? no one gets through except through Jesus. not atheists, not agnostics, not hindus.

I meant that doesnt mean everyone else is wrong.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:

Im' going to ignore that because I explained it a bit ago and you can just read it.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

yes it does.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:

Im' going to ignore that because I explained it a bit ago and you can just read it.
    You can't say something is like the placebo effect if you've never experienced it. I don't care how well you know the placebo effect, you can't make the connection without being familiar with both parts.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

I meant that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.
    So who is right?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:

You can't say something is like the placebo effect if you've never experienced it. I don't care how well you know the placebo effect, you can't make the connection without being familiar with both parts.

I didnt say that. ughhhhh how about you go back and read what I said. i'm dead tired of explaining it.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

So who is right?

who knows. maybe you, maybe science, maybe nobody.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:42 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

yes it does.

Neutral that didnt sound the least big ignorant to you?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

So who is right?

It's an argument you need a side. Neutral
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

yes it does.

2+2=4 it can't equal anything else. Is that ignorant?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

So who is right?

okay obviously I would go with science. has evidence (yeah yeah lets not go there again)
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

yes it does.

no. my God told me that He's the Way, period.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

So who is right?

okay obviously I would go with science. has evidence (yeah yeah lets not go there again)
    I'm on the side of science too, science isn't a religion, it's in a lot of religions.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

annd?

yes it does.

2+2=4 it can't equal anything else. Is that ignorant?

haha wow, woooow.

I cant believe it, how you cant see how bad that sounds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am