Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

    Where Did God Go?????

    Share
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 25
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 pm

    being from ohio doesn't cause us to be able to listen to god.

    but i get what you mean how it may be easier to be a "good" christian here--however i don't think i could ever really consider myself as a good christian.
    avatar
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 743
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by Phuckduck on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 am

    QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.
    avatar
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 732
    Age : 27
    Location : Connecticut
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 am

    He sounds like Mike Scalzi, except with less balls.

    I wasn't at all surprised.
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by FinishingKick on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:52 am

    What can you say to the natural instinct to call for help? You often hear atheists say things like, "Oh my God!" when they're in trouble. As the saying goes, there are no atheists in foxholes.
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am

    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:well when I was little I use to "believe". I guess he didn't like me =/
    you would have had to listen. read the bible, pray, spend some time with him, read some good christian books. heck, even if you didn't do any of that you should still be able to say it.

    or maybe you were just faking it. if your faith was weak enough to turn into an atheist(or whatever you call yourself), then maybe you never truly believed, and you were still sinning. in the OT it tells us that if your motives aren't pure than he might not reveal himself to you.

    I considered my self pretty good. I went to church with my fam, I read part of the bible (short attention span, prayed before I went to bed and etc. OH and my fave movie were those ones about moses and joesph..cartoon??haha eh anyways I dont know how else I could have spent time. I guess I wasnt good enough Neutral . I considered myself to be good.

    When I hit high school and started learning about all these different religions I just started "opening" up to new things I guess. I'm just throwing this out there.. You live in Ohio its a lot more conservative then Washington. Maybe its just where I'm from how being non-Christian isnt as a big of a deal... I dont know just thought I'd throw that out there. I notice it with all my relatives that come from the mid-west anyways. And Im not atheist for the billionth time, Im agnostic but I'm fond of Buddhism. I have a Buddhist friend and I dont know, I really like their religion, its very peaceful.

    i hate it when christians say that. you aren't saved because you're "good", you're saved by grace.

    just because ohio is more conservative doesn't mean anything to me. my high school is full of people trying to act gangsta. we also have a ton of foreign exchange students. it'd be easy to just ignore God, because that's what everyone else does. i used to know a couple muslims until they moved to jordan. so it's not like i'm not exposed to other religions.

    buddhism is a peaceful religion, but so is christianity.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:49 am

    BA_Sadie. wrote:being from ohio doesn't cause us to be able to listen to god.

    but i get what you mean how it may be easier to be a "good" christian here--however i don't think i could ever really consider myself as a good christian.
    nobody can. we all fall short. that's one of the biggest diffences between us and the religions.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:52 am

    SourWorms wrote:QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.

    stupid question.who said they physically have heard God's voice? we can hear him through the holy spirit working in our lives, answered prayers, his word, and other individual things.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 1723
    Location : CO
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by PCNQtrack on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 pm

    ^exactly, in my opinion God makes himself heard in other ways so that no physical voice is neccessary


    Last edited by PCNQtrack on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 pm

    I prefer more of the followings of Hinduism, however I don't consider myself any set religion.
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 25
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 pm

    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:well when I was little I use to "believe". I guess he didn't like me =/
    you would have had to listen. read the bible, pray, spend some time with him, read some good christian books. heck, even if you didn't do any of that you should still be able to say it.

    or maybe you were just faking it. if your faith was weak enough to turn into an atheist(or whatever you call yourself), then maybe you never truly believed, and you were still sinning. in the OT it tells us that if your motives aren't pure than he might not reveal himself to you.

    I considered my self pretty good. I went to church with my fam, I read part of the bible (short attention span, prayed before I went to bed and etc. OH and my fave movie were those ones about moses and joesph..cartoon??haha eh anyways I dont know how else I could have spent time. I guess I wasnt good enough Neutral . I considered myself to be good.

    When I hit high school and started learning about all these different religions I just started "opening" up to new things I guess. I'm just throwing this out there.. You live in Ohio its a lot more conservative then Washington. Maybe its just where I'm from how being non-Christian isnt as a big of a deal... I dont know just thought I'd throw that out there. I notice it with all my relatives that come from the mid-west anyways. And Im not atheist for the billionth time, Im agnostic but I'm fond of Buddhism. I have a Buddhist friend and I dont know, I really like their religion, its very peaceful.

    plus who says all christians are conservative yes most are but my denomination (presbyterian) is actually mostly liberal.
    avatar
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 2589
    Age : 25
    Location : Woo-Town--Good Old Ohio.
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by BA_Sadie. on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 pm

    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:being from ohio doesn't cause us to be able to listen to god.

    but i get what you mean how it may be easier to be a "good" christian here--however i don't think i could ever really consider myself as a good christian.
    nobody can. we all fall short. that's one of the biggest diffences between us and the religions.

    yeah i know i just couldn't really put the words together ha.
    avatar
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 4924
    Age : 25
    Location : New York
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by FinishingKick on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:52 pm

    Pinthin wrote:And Im not atheist for the billionth time, Im agnostic but I'm fond of Buddhism.
    I don't like agnostics, they don't even have the faith to believe that nothing's out there.
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:29 pm

    So she is ignorant for not believing in what she can't see, while you aren't when faith is the complete basis of ignorance. I see you point....
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:33 pm

    CT Track wrote:So she is ignorant for not believing in what she can't see, while you aren't when faith is the complete basis of ignorance. I see you point....
    funny.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:36 pm

    yet true
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:37 pm

    no.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:39 pm

    And you are lead to believe that because...
    avatar
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 678
    Age : 27
    Location : Tiffin, Ohio
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by xc_babe09 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:43 pm

    SourWorms wrote:QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.

    we dont hear his voice, but we do hear his words. if youve ever gone to church you hear god speak through someone who is willing to let him do that. we dont have prophets persay anymore but we do have priests and preachers. i think they are very similar because they help spread the word of god and help those people who dont hear god in the way they do find a way to hear him and love him. if we didnt have preachers and churches i think that there would be nut jobs and people who didnt believe in anything and didnt like the nut jobs because they didnt understand them. thats how god helps us. if anyone can even understand what i said the way i understand it then they will understand.
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:43 pm

    ... i can see the effects of Him in my life.


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 830
    Age : 28
    Location : Torrington CT/Moon, PA
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by CT Track on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:52 pm

    Some people see the effects in a different way. God is not the explanation for everything you see. However on topic with what I was trying to say; It is quite ironic for someone to call a person ignorant for believing that something doesn't exist because there really is no proof, yet that is exactly what faith is. Explaining and believing in something despite having no proof. The effects of him in your life is again faith. You can believe that what happens in your everyday life is from God, but you can also believe that it happens because of coincidence, the decisions you make, or just luck. Whether or not you choose to accept that, it is faith. And faith is purely ignorance.
    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 26
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by Pinthin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm

    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:And Im not atheist for the billionth time, Im agnostic but I'm fond of Buddhism.
    I don't like agnostics, they don't even have the faith to believe that nothing's out there.

    I'm sorry. Neutral
    avatar
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

    Number of posts : 5675
    Age : 26
    Location : Nati fo eva
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by AudienceOfOne on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 pm

    [quote="CT Track"]Some people see the effects in a different way. God is not the explanation for everything you see. However on topic with what I was trying to say; It is quite ironic for someone to call a person ignorant for believing that something doesn't exist because there really is no proof, yet that is exactly what faith is. Explaining and believing in something despite having no proof. The effects of him in your life is again faith. You can believe that what happens in your everyday life is from God, but you can also believe that it happens because of coincidence, the decisions you make, or just luck. Whether or not you choose to accept that, it is faith. And faith is purely ignorance.[/quote]

    i'd love to see the dictionary you're using Rolling Eyes

    wouldn't another form of ignorance be that you aren't able to believe in anything you can't see? i mean, it'd be ignorant to say that we know everything there is to know, so why can't you believe something that hasn't been proved?


    _________________
    1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

    Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 26
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by Pinthin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:59 pm

    BA_Sadie. wrote:being from ohio doesn't cause us to be able to listen to god.

    but i get what you mean how it may be easier to be a "good" christian here--however i don't think i could ever really consider myself as a good christian.

    I know.

    I was going off topic on how it doesnt seem weird to people out here to not be christian.. Because we aren't as conservative or w/e.
    avatar
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

    Number of posts : 3092
    Age : 26
    Location : down by the bay, washington
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by Pinthin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:02 pm

    xc_babe09 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:QUESTION: How many of you have physically heard God's voice? All of you firm believers. What does he sound like? I am interested.

    we dont hear his voice, but we do hear his words. if youve ever gone to church you hear god speak through someone who is willing to let him do that. we dont have prophets persay anymore but we do have priests and preachers. i think they are very similar because they help spread the word of god and help those people who dont hear god in the way they do find a way to hear him and love him. if we didnt have preachers and churches i think that there would be nut jobs and people who didnt believe in anything and didnt like the nut jobs because they didnt understand them. thats how god helps us. if anyone can even understand what i said the way i understand it then they will understand.

    no offense.. but that sounds like crazy talk.

    Crazy people hear voices all the time. Maybe they aren't really crazy at all, they must truly be hearing those voices. and no I'm not calling anyone crazy or insane so don't go there.

    its almost like a placebo effect.
    avatar
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

    Number of posts : 678
    Age : 27
    Location : Tiffin, Ohio
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by xc_babe09 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 pm

    it does sound like crazy talk. lol. i guess you have to think like me to understand it. it was coming in a stream of consciousness form. so it would sound messed up to anyone but me.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Where Did God Go?????

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:53 am