Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

Greatest/Worst Running Moment(s)

Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3092
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Re: Greatest/Worst Running Moment(s)

Post by Pinthin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Best: during the 4x4 my team was 2nd to last and I was the anchor and ended up passing two girls and we got second =]
    (my coach threw us in there last second too, like no one had spikes on or even got to warm-up..it was dumb)

Worst: last year at districts for xc, I was injured and doctors wasnt sure what it was..I almost got last!! Girls I usually beat on my team by a ton started passing me..I just started crying and then that led to side aches and I felt like a total baby but I was just so frustrated because I wasn't even tired but my legs were sooo dead and broken. At the end I wasnt even breathing hard, worst race ever.
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5675
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:06 pm

funrunner wrote:Worst: Freshman XC time trial. 24:5x.
    I'll come up with a best later.
    lol what happened?

1600/4:52.3 3200/10:17.5 5000 XC/16:47

Oh, Death, where is your sting?
    Aint nothin' left to bring
    Resurrected, perfected,
    What can affect this King?
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runnergirl93 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm

good:i think when i randomly ran the 600 in indoor. i was in a slow heat thinking i wouldnt do good. but i ended up winning my heat by 75 or 100 meters and beating times of 3 faster heats infront of me.

bad:worst moment puking after every 800 i ran at a practice speed workout.

idk i couldnt think of anything better than this.
    Triathlete
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by Triathlete on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:07 pm

worst: i was a few hours into this triathlon when i started the run and i was so ready to blow these guys away like i would on any day. but for some reason i couldnt hold my usual pace and i blew up. i started to cramp in my legs and i was forced to walk a few times. my competition was flying by me and i couldnt do anything about it. i was pissed and told myself that would never happen again.

best: i ran a pretty fast mile after a little bit of training so i was confident. and i decided to race a 12k. it hurt so bad lol. thats a bad memory but when i finished i was really happy and that basically started my running career.
    sub5trackgrl
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by sub5trackgrl on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Best: has to be the 4:48 mile. But breaking 5:00 for the first time comes really really close, because that felt amazing. Breaking 11:00 for the first time is up there too.

Worst: 63rd in the state my sophomore year for cross country ater being 6th freshman year. I was annemic but did not know it.

The Waterboy
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2008-07-02

Post by The Waterboy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:12 am

Mine are the same.

Going into our state qualifier meet for winter, our 4 * 800's best time was 9:06. Everyone of us had run roughly a 2:16-17 split. Top two teams go to states, so we were not expecting at all to qualify, especially with going against teams running sub 8:20's, it would just be a meet to try to pr.

My friend, who is normally the anchor for our team, goes first at the request of my coach. His best 800 was 2:13, but he decides to push like hell and pr by 8 seconds. This not only gets him a 2:05 split, which is pretty good indoors, but
    in puts our team in second place, right behind the leader. He ran the race with negative splits, running a 65 first 400 and a 60 last 400, going from last place to second in the last 200.

I get the baton from him and I didn't have any choice but to start fast. I started with a 59ish split for the first 400. I held my place (2nd place) for another 100 meters, then died in the last 300. I didn't fade to last place, but I got passed by a lot of people and was definitely close to it. My last 400 was 73.

It was my best running moment in that I pr'd in the 800 (2:12), as well as every other member of my team. We got 8:48 as a whole, an 18 second overall pr.

It was my worst running moment in that it was a poorly run race, (burning in the beginning and later paying for it) and that I lost all hope of our team qualifying for states.

sorry for the long post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:32 am