Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

so how bad is it...

FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4924
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Re: so how bad is it...

Post by FinishingKick on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 am

McDonald's claims Tyson Gay's favorite item there is a Big Mac. Razz

ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm

i eat out a lot. the past couple nights I've had a rack of baby back ribs with oatmeal cake and ice cream, steak and veggies, and the night before it was a huge bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp and cajun chicken mixed in. I don't
    think it matters too much what you eat as long as you get the nutrition you need, although I don't eat fast food so I can't comment on what it does to my running. if you eat "health food" all the time you will probably just make yourself miserable. also, a lot of health food is low in calories so if you're growing and running high mileage, you would have to eat an insane amount of health food to get the calories you need
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1064

Post by xotrackkgirl on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:02 pm

RawBeginner wrote:i eat out a lot. the past couple nights I've had a rack of baby back ribs with oatmeal cake and ice cream, steak and veggies, and the night before it was a huge bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp and cajun chicken mixed in. I don't
    think it matters too much what you eat as long as you get the nutrition you need, although I don't eat fast food so I can't comment on what it does to my running. if you eat "health food" all the time you will probably just make yourself miserable. also, a lot of health food is low in calories so if you're growing and running high mileage, you would have to eat an insane amount of health food to get the calories you need

sounds good. :]
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:13 pm

RawBeginner wrote:i eat out a lot. the past couple nights I've had a rack of baby back ribs with oatmeal cake and ice cream, steak and veggies, and the night before it was a huge bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp and cajun chicken mixed in. I don't
    When you eat ribs do you eat all the fat too or just the good meat?

ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:23 pm

FinishingKick wrote:

unfortunately ribs are fairly high in fat, but if I run into a chunk of pure gristle I don't eat it, I just set it aside on my plate. a good rack of ribs will not be too fatty, though.
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:29 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

unfortunately ribs are fairly high in fat, but if I run into a chunk of pure gristle I don't eat it, I just set it aside on my plate. a good rack of ribs will not be too fatty, though.
    That's what I'm saying do you eat everything but the bones or is your platea mess afterward?
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1609
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 pm

RawBeginner wrote: also, a lot of health food is low in calories so if you're growing and running high mileage, you would have to eat an insane amount of health food to get the calories you need

QFE
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:28 pm

runner_dude wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote: also, a lot of health food is low in calories so if you're growing and running high mileage, you would have to eat an insane amount of health food to get the calories you need

QFE
    Lol. You can still do it though, just load on grains, veggies, and fruits, and add in a nutrition bar and drink and you're all set.

ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

That's what I'm saying do you eat everything but the bones or is your platea mess afterward?

big chunks of pure fat, I leave on the plate. but 90% of the meat I eat.
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1445
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:20 pm

WOOHOO! I just went 2 weeks... 3 days of each week we went to a restaurant twice. I had a salad everytime. To reward myself I got 1/2 pounder from Wendy's today.

XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 839
    Mile Time : 5:44
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:30 am

The plus side to living in a small town.
    It is a treat to go out and eat. In the winter we sometimes go out to eat at the cafe with my grandma on Sunday. And when we are out of town for the day we go out and eat but those are the only times we go out and eat.
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3475
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 am

lol, the week before school started i had mcdonalds 4 times in 3 days.

eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 695
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 pm

^ lol, 4 times in 3 days....
    i dont like mcdonalds.....
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runnergirl93 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm

my sister works at mcdonalds so i get it quite frequently, which i need to stop doing. last week was my worst of all though. i need to tell her to stop working there for my health benefit instead of hers now haha.
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 587
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by ND XC 23 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:36 pm

runnergirl93 wrote:my sister works at mcdonalds so i get it quite frequently, which i need to stop doing. last week was my worst of all though. i need to tell her to stop working there for my health benefit instead of hers now haha.

ew my friend works there and i dont understand how he can keep the job after seeing what its like behind the scenes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am