Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+5
Running With Scissors
Wow
NotChangingUntilSub5
AudienceOfOne
The Riddler
9 posters

Lagat takes third

The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Lagat takes third Empty Lagat takes third

Post by The Riddler Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Looking my news paper and see "London Grand Prix". Look at the Mile two names then I see Bernard Lagats name. Is that a good sign? Taking third at a median meet?
    Just a thought
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Lagat takes third Empty Re: Lagat takes third

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:58 pm

probably jogged it. don't worry, lagat will take 2 golds come august.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:11 pm

He was boxed in until the last 150m where he was to far back, still kicked from like 7th to 3rd. Bad tactical race all around IMO, they dropped like a 60 flat third lap and he let himself get boxed in.
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 118
    Class : Maybe if you were smarter, you would know more.
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Wow Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Lagat is a great runner, but I'm not so sure about him taking two gold medals.. first of all in the 5k there's the king of long distance.. and there is still some very tough competition in the 1500. Both will probably be very tactical races, so who knows what could happen.
    The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340

Post by The Riddler Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:24 pm

he could have jogged at home
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:25 pm

JYoung or something wrote:Lagat is a great runner, but I'm not so sure about him taking two gold medals.. first of all in the 5k there's the king of long distance.. and there is still some very tough competition in the 1500. Both will probably be very tactical races, so who knows what could happen.
    "king of long distance"? if you're talking about geb, he's in the 10k, right?
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    JYoung or something wrote:Lagat is a great runner, but I'm not so sure about him taking two gold medals.. first of all in the 5k there's the king of long distance.. and there is still some very tough competition in the 1500. Both will probably be very tactical races, so who knows what could happen.

...Geb was the old king of distance. He has long since been replaced by another guy.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Running With Scissors Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Lagat still owns all.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 pm

JYoung or something wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

...Geb was the old king of distance. He has long since been replaced by another guy.
    because a marathon WR doesn't mean anything? your a fool.
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

Wow, I hope you realize that we're talking about track races. There is a 20+ mile difference between the track races and the marathon. And Geb probably won't even medal in the 10k unfortunately. Why would Geb even run the 5k.. that's just a stupid statement.

And very ironic... that you say...

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

Last edited by JYoung or something on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:05 pm

JYoung or something wrote:"Your a fool"

Hahaha.
    Just call him ironic man.
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)

Post by running_violet Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm

I love Bernard Lagat
    love
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    JYoung or something wrote:"Your a fool"

Hahaha.
    Just call him ironic man.

hahaha
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

Wow, I hope you realize that we're talking about track races. There is a 20+ mile difference between the track races and the marathon. And Geb probably won't even medal in the 10k unfortunately. Why would Geb even run the 5k.. that's just a stupid statement.

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.
    you do know that Geb used to have a couple WR's in track races, right? and lol i never said he was running the 5k, what are you talking about?
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:36 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.
    you do know that Geb used to have a couple WR's in track races, right? and lol i never said he was running the 5k, what are you talking about?

You do realize that was years ago, right? His days in the track races are over (over as in, not really as much of a medal chance. He could still beat all the Americans, etc).

I know, but I just find it... weird (for lack of a better word) that you would pick Haile over what I would think (and others who have been following track the last few years lol) would be a much more obvious choice.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

You do realize that was years ago, right? His days in the track races are over (over as in, not really as much of a medal chance. He could still beat all the Americans, etc).

I know, but I just find it... weird (for lack of a better word) that you would pick Haile over what I would think (and others who have been following track the last few years lol) would be a much more obvious choice.
    has he EVER run a a bad race of any kind?
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:14 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

04?

There was another one I was thinking of, but it's slipping my mind at the moment (it might have been xc though).

Anyway, it isn't about running a bad race. It's just that there are definitely guys now who are younger/faster than him and have a good chance of beating him.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

04?

There was another one I was thinking of, but it's slipping my mind at the moment (it might have been xc though).

Anyway, it isn't about running a bad race. It's just that there are definitely guys now who are younger/faster than him and have a good chance of beating him.
    yea but you still can just totally dismiss a guy like Geb.
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:07 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

04?

I assume you meant "can't"? I could name at least 5 guys right now that have a very good chance of beating Geb. As of now, he does not pose to be a medal threat at all, but like I think I said, conditions can definitely make a difference (like what happened last year back in March..).
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:23 am

Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

"Your a fool"

Hahaha.

04?

I assume you meant "can't"? I could name at least 5 guys right now that have a very good chance of beating Geb. As of now, he does not pose to be a medal threat at all, but like I think I said, conditions can definitely make a difference (like what happened last year back in March..).
    yea lol i meant can't. yea we'll see.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by P2 Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 pm

lagat will win.
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 pm

P2 wrote:lagat will win.

Rolling Eyes
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Wow wrote:

Rolling Eyes
    you don't think he will?
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Wow Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:

Rolling Eyes
    you don't think he will?

What event?

It would be great to see him win 2 golds, but I have my doubts... not to say that it isn't possible, but there are some very strong people in both races who I can definitely see beating him...

And I just dislike ignorant comments like "lagat will win", without saying anything to back it up or whatever. Makes you look like you don't really know anything about it and just "going with something you randomly heard."
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Wow wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wow wrote:

Rolling Eyes
    you don't think he will?

What event?

It would be great to see him win 2 golds, but I have my doubts... not to say that it isn't possible, but there are some very strong people in both races who I can definitely see beating him...

And I just dislike ignorant comments like "lagat will win", without saying anything to back it up or whatever. Makes you look like you don't really know anything about it and just "going with something you randomly heard."

i think in the 1500 he's a shoo-in for gold. i mean, there isn't a crapload of big names in there besides him.

the 5000 will be harder, but i think he can pull it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am